ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from Wiltshire

clio 172
Hi all just got a 02 plate 172 last night 4 hour round trip but well happy this is number 2 172 was going to get a 182 but went for this one instead

Got cupple bits done to it recaro seats pop and bang map lowered and the usual loud exhaust

Going to be working on it as there are some slight issues with her but nothing major as of yet so yeah hello all im Kris from Wiltshire hope you speak to you all soon :) anyome els from or local to Wiltshire?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Welcome to the forum Mate.
Get some pics up of the car may be owned by someone on here before.

clio 172
This is her guys cant wait till weekend is here and parts got totaly fed up working on motorbikes so now can work on somthing diffrent

Attachments

• 20190502_062504.jpg
    20190502_062504.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 115
  clio 172
Im not sure how long the map has been on the car is there a length of time till it causes damage? As my local mapper is in spain for 2 weeks so that will have to wait till hes back but wont be using it during the week just a weekemd car

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Im not sure how long the map has been on the car is there a length of time till it causes damage? As my local mapper is in spain for 2 weeks so that will have to wait till hes back but wont be using it during the week just a weekemd car

Not particularly, just a ticking time bomb waiting to happen. It just overstresses the already weak valves.

clio 172
Yeah a normal 98Ron map will be fine. Don't really get much power increase from these engines tbh.

Ok will get it up to his in 2 weeks and get it sorted plus want him to give it a once over and let me know anything els needs sorting on it, nice one JamesBryan for the advice ?

clio 172
Just dont the coolent change and tbermostat went very well to be fair plus got a new expansion tank looks good as me and me mate were washing and polishing it noticed its got the forums members window sticker?

Anyone reconise it from here amd possibly the old owner? Bk02uzu

Reactions: Gus
  Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
You wanna try getting to the Haynes motor museum breakfast meet tomorrow some Clio owners heading over there if all is well

clio 172
Sorry for thumbnail here are some pics as FULL pictures ive added the old bad boy bonney lift just to see what it looks like havent done it in a looooooong while ??
20190504_191408.jpg
20190504_191427.jpg

clio 172
You wanna try getting to the Haynes motor museum breakfast meet tomorrow some Clio owners heading over there if all is well

I would but still have issues I dont want to stress if it was closer like castle comb I would have been up for it, once the flamer is 100% il be up for meeting all the time haha not trusting the pop and bang map is a BIG issue for me ?

Flamer, x2 19s
Thats my old car! Glad to see its getting some love, I had it from around 2013/14 before I sold it early 2018 ish?
I sold it with the pop and bang map but not fitted (a separate ecu set) , It had the original standard ecu fitted when it left my hands, all the mods were fitted by me. Glad to see it in good hands again,!