ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi guys I’m after a little help if possible

Clio 182, Mercedes,
Hi all can I start by saying what a great community you have here!!

So my problem is my sons Clio 182 2005, he broke down just as the covid lock down began and I’ve only just managed to get his car home obviously being a 182 this was via a tow rope 😂
The car wouldn’t turn over so 1 tested the starter motor which was faulty so I’ve replaced it and works a treat, my problem is that the car won’t fire.
Ive put my diagnostics machine on it and all I get is a fault with the front oxygen sensor, I’ve check the coil pack And I have spark on all four plugs, I can hear the fuel pump priming and when I removed the fuel line from the fuel rail I have plenty of fuel pumping through as I turn the engine over.
ive also replaced the TDC sensor even though it wasn’t picked up on the diagnostics machine, the car has a new battery on it and I have compression.
to me it seems like the car is suffering with fuel starvation, have Any of you ever had something similar or have any Ideas what the problem might be.

thank you in advance any help would be much appreciated 😊

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So is it turning over? There is a small earth coming from the loom to the back of the gearbox, easily knocked off if changing the starter. I did just that

Clio 182, Mercedes,
The grounds are all good and when I was checking the plugs for spark I could see that all 4 injectors where injecting plus I only replaced them last year, could it possibly be a relay problem?

Clio 182, Mercedes,
It’s turning over over fine no problems there at it, I checked the plugs and the engine isn’t flooded, when I put the accelerator flat to floor it Seems like it wants to start but needs more fuel to fire

Clio 182, Mercedes,
Ok so quick update I decided to check the timing belt and yep its not broke but shredded in places so Guessing it’s slipped.
i used a different compression tester on it as I had concerns About the previous one used and yes it’s not good so I’ve begun stripping it and have no doubts it will be 16 valves, rockers new cam belt kit plus anything else I might come across😂

Clio 182, Mercedes,
Ok so striped everything down and here is the guilty party 🙄 so tomorrow night I’ll be lapping in the new valves 😂
C7D9C58C-FBE0-49A4-93E0-F2997460ED73.jpeg