ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi guys new here! this place looks cool!

mk1 clio 1.2 rl 97
hi guys! newbie here im from aberdare near cardiff in wales!

not a track racer! yet! :cool: but have a mk1 clio in my garage with full bodykit goin on! so project log coming soon! I know it says cliosport but i need help with certain aspects of my clio

i have tried a few forums already for the clio but they seem dead :dead: (they even allow spam for blood pressure tablets :eek:! but your forum seems very much alive!

hope u guys can help me! i need it! no seriously i do need help :banghead: haha!

bye!! for now! :)

S4 Avant
Welcome,

Full body kit?

I'm predicting this thread all over again.

Hopefully you can find some pretty useful information though!

mk1 clio 1.2 rl 97
more like this 1!
newrenkit1.jpg

mk1 clio 1.2 rl 97
Welcome,

Full body kit?

I'm predicting this thread all over again.

Hopefully you can find some pretty useful information though!

oh no not like that thread! i am hopin to do alot to this car but dont tell the mrs ;)! she might get jealous!

hopin to convert it to a big engine but i need advice on this! drilled n grooved brakes etc..

the thing is i like old fashioned cars but the 1 car which really done it for me was a clio!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
for brakes
the clio dci ( and possibly 1.2 etc ) uses the same calipers as the williams did . so for a bigger brake upgrade i would look into this . along with good disc's and pads ... i would probs freshen up the brake fluid aswell.

suspension
rear end is on a torsion bar so look up a manual and lower the rear yourself ( or pay a mate etc ) as for the front end springs are cheap enough on ebay etc .

interior
the standard seats are really comfy , but dont offer a great deal of support if your gonna be hitting tight bends etc . go for some decent ish buckets and subframes and it will give you alot more confidence on track etc .
also look out for a williams/ valver steering wheel this will also help with the feel of the car .

styling
personally if your wanting to make it faster/ track car etc i would remove the bodykit these are useless and will effect your aerodynamics massively .... plus them fiberglass bumpers arent goin to hold up to well in a bump etc so will probably cause more damage with them being there . the best looking of the mk1 was the phase one so get some bumpers from one of them and a valver/ williams bonnet and it would start to become a nice looking car .