ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi Res Trophy pictures

Yaris Hybrid

I bet they are laughing and saying whod buy that cheap crap.

Or probably moaning because Webber, Montoya & Schumacher etc get given decent motors to drive around in.

Id love to buy a set of those wheels though....

Remapped derv Golf

Not sure about the doors and back seats missing the leather and alcantara. Love them recaros though!!!!

Few bits like xenons missing . Its a semi-skimmed 182.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 31 May 2005

Not sure about the doors and back seats missing the leather and alcantara. Love them recaros though!!!!

Few bits like xenons missing . Its a semi-skimmed 182.
agree ^^ the interior picure is doctored and way. its got blue rear door cards ? yet look at the front door cards, it a cleaver trick to make you think they have changed the interior colours hehe

i like it but you mite aswell get the full fat 182 just for the times you choose not to trash it and decide to play with the toys.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Why does nobody get where this car is coming from?

ARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

E90

I need to change mine, feb next year, will the trophy be around then? how many they making and can I get it on mainland europe? Is it worth getting over a standard 182?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Dutch 172 on 31 May 2005

I need to change mine, feb next year, will the trophy be around then? how many they making and can I get it on mainland europe? Is it worth getting over a standard 182?
Uk/swiss only mate.

New RS is due april/may next year afaik

MKIII 138

depends. cant imagine it being as pliant over UK roads if its more of a track car. are you thinking of taking it on a track.

couldnt you get a 182cup with recaros ? probably exactly the same weight car as a trophy maybe even lighter.

unless you want extreme (in which case get a used elise for 10k-12k or a vx220 for 14k-15k)

E90

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 31 May 2005

Uk/swiss only mate.

Is april a deffo date? if so I might be able to hang on to mine for a few extra months, or wait and bum a pool car for a bit. I want a new RS, but if it aint here, its a dsgd Golf gti, in black with the 18 inch wheels, LOL

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 31 May 2005

Uk/swiss only mate.

Is april a deffo date? if so I might be able to hang on to mine for a few extra months, or wait and bum a pool car for a bit. I want a new RS, but if it aint here, its a dsgd Golf gti, in black with the 18 inch wheels, LOL

Pm mr townsend, he might be able to give you a ROUGH idea

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by Dutch 172 on 31 May 2005I need to change mine, feb next year, will the trophy be around then? how many they making and can I get it on mainland europe? Is it worth getting over a standard 182? depends. cant imagine it being as pliant over UK roads if its more of a track car. are you thinking of taking it on a track.couldnt you get a 182cup with recaros ? probably exactly the same weight car as a trophy maybe even lighter.unless you want extreme (in which case get a used elise for 10k-12k or a vx220 for 14k-15k)

You would need to change the wheels to get the weight down to the same as the Trophy.

The car has been designed for use on British roads and track. Evo and Autocar were invited over to France a couple of months back to road test the car and give input into whether it was too stiff for road use. A LOT of time and effort has gone into the setting up of this car. They wont have got it wrong.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 31 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 May 2005
depends. cant imagine it being as pliant over UK roads if its more of a track car. are you thinking of taking it on a track.

couldnt you get a 182cup with recaros ? probably exactly the same weight car as a trophy maybe even lighter.

unless you want extreme (in which case get a used elise for 10k-12k or a vx220 for 14k-15k)

You would need to change the wheels to get the weight down to the same as the Trophy.

The car has been designed for use on British roads and track. Evo and Autocar were invited over to France a couple of months back to road test the car and give input into whether it was too stiff for road use. A LOT of time and effort has gone into the setting up of this car. They wont have got it wrong.
coolio.. but TBH i still view it as a marketing excercise more than anything else. sure it will handle amazingly but the 182cup and 172cup already do enough for 99% of drivers.

surley the clio needs better aerodynamics, more torque and a 6th gear. why not wait until these are answered in the new Clio RS ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The only thing i dont get is why they tested in in france.

Uk car, uk roads? maybe thats too logical.

different colour, different seats, suspension revisions, different wheels stickers on the sides and a limited number production run. itll never catch on.... i want one thats 13 years old and full of rust itll be far superior ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 31 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by Dutch 172 on 31 May 2005I need to change mine, feb next year, will the trophy be around then? how many they making and can I get it on mainland europe? Is it worth getting over a standard 182?depends. cant imagine it being as pliant over UK roads if its more of a track car. are you thinking of taking it on a track.couldnt you get a 182cup with recaros ? probably exactly the same weight car as a trophy maybe even lighter.unless you want extreme (in which case get a used elise for 10k-12k or a vx220 for 14k-15k)You would need to change the wheels to get the weight down to the same as the Trophy.

coolio.. but TBH i still view it as a marketing excercise more than anything else. sure it will handle amazingly but the 182cup and 172cup already do enough for 99% of drivers. surley the clio needs better aerodynamics, more torque and a 6th gear. why not wait until these are answered in the new Clio RS ?

Which is why the limited Trophy is there for the Elite. lol

E90

Id have a 182 cup, with Recaros, but I doubt itll be available in NL, they are gay, I probs need a Uk specced car sent over, but It is an option. I want to wait for the new RS, but I think Ill have to change before then:(