ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi Spec Brakes

Hi, Has anyone got k-tecs 4 pot brakes fitted to their car? I was thinking of getting some and wanted some opinions. Are they any good? Also are they made by the company, Hi Spec? Thanks, Sam

Fred2001dynamic has got them on his (mk2 ph2 1.2 16v) and its a go-kart! handles like its on rails with the coilovers, and the brakes are genius..... think hes on the original pads and discs still too.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yer as Roamer says Fred has them.

They are made by Hi-Spec (they have a website somewhere)

They seem very good, i think fred liked them.

Iirc hes just getting ready to change them as theyve worn down, but theyve had a lto of use on track days etc..

williams 2 turbo

i had greenstuff pads in mine, that made them utter crap, go for the mintex or pagid ones, do not get the ebc greenstuff or red stuff.

Contact Mark at Richspeed (tel 01970871092) regards his 4 pot setup. Its £400 I think from memory and you dont need any fancy disks. He has a 280mm setup if you want the big disk setup. However you dont need them I can lock up none stop ever corner without any fade in my car only problem is the tyres giving up.

ok, cheers, I will have to look into the best place to get some now. Thanks for the help. Oh how much are pagid pads by the way? Thank, Sam

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 30 July 2005
Contact Mark at Richspeed (tel 01970871092) regards his 4 pot setup. Its £400 I think from memory and you dont need any fancy disks. He has a 280mm setup if you want the big disk setup. However you dont need them I can lock up none stop ever corner without any fade in my car only problem is the tyres giving up.

Id go with this too, alot of people over on WilliamsClio have them, and as far as i know everyone is happy with them