ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi want a good wax.

ph1 172 Black
Was thinking of getting a waffle weave towel off this guy and wondered what folks reckon to his waxes.

Poorboys stuff. I've got a black ph1 and use Megs pads for application and MF clothes for removal. I've been using SRP, EGP, then Autosmart Carnauba Gold. Think the gold looks a bit swirly in direct sunlight. Heard P21's is good but a little more than I was going to spend.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Poorboys-Poor...2529789QQihZ004QQcategoryZ72201QQcmdZViewItem

106 GTi
The wax wont do anything for the car looking swirly unforunatly that needs sorting at the polishing stage.

Nattys Blue looks ok on Black is very clear and wet looking but lacks the depth of the P21s. It is also not as easy to remove as some other Carnuba's. I would spend a touch more or P21s or Chemicals Guys 50/50 for your car both are worth the extra.

ph1 172 Black
The car ain't swirly. The paint has been prepped fine clay polish etc.

It looks fine with SRP and EGP it's just when I add Carn Gold it tends to look a little swirly in sun. Thats why I wanted a better wax. So you think it's worth the extra for p21s?

Any of you used the pink ReGlaze from Autosmart?

CS Dungeon

It looks fine with SRP and EGP it's just when I add Carn Gold it tends to look a little swirly in sun. Thats why I wanted a better wax. So you think it's worth the extra for p21s?

Thats because there are swirls present.

Good wax = Zymol Concours

106 GTi

Does the hazy or swirly?

If it look hazy try a wipe down with some quick detail spray and see if they go away? I find I need to do a really good wipe down on mine after waxing with a couple of plush cloths and a nice detail spray or some Zymol Field Glaze or I get a hazy look to the paint.

106 GTi
^^^ Me too . 50/50 is a good wax . If your budget won't stretch that far try the xxx hardcore pastewax .

Both from here :

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/category_s/2.htm

Whats the difference between the two apart from one being half the price? Oh and do we get any discount there?

The XXX stuff is from what I can tell the same product as the Poorboys origional Nattys which was white, the Nattys Blue has the edge on both looks wise, but the 50/50 punches above its weight and can produce looks akin Pinnacle Souveran and looked better than Zymol Carbon in the tests I did here.

After trying loads and loads of waxes if I was allowed just one it would be a Pot of Swissvax Onyx, It looks great, lasts ok and has the important thing the likes of P21s and CG 50/50 can't do it looks just as good after a few washes. The others all need re-applying as they lose the edge in looks. Like everything in life you get what you pay for as the Onyx is 40 quid. IMO skip the trying out loads of waxes, bite the bullet and use that as your choice.

For that kind of money on Metallic Black especially there is better IMO, not over impressed with my Concours.

CS Dungeon
Whats the difference between the two apart from one being half the price? Oh and do we get any discount there?

The XXX stuff is from what I can tell the same product as the Poorboys origional Nattys which was white, the Nattys Blue has the edge on both looks wise, but the 50/50 punches above its weight and can produce looks akin Pinnacle Souveran and looked better than Zymol Carbon in the tests I did here.

After trying loads and loads of waxes if I was allowed just one it would be a Pot of Swissvax Onyx, It looks great, lasts ok and has the important thing the likes of P21s and CG 50/50 can't do it looks just as good after a few washes. The others all need re-applying as they lose the edge in looks. Like everything in life you get what you pay for as the Onyx is 40 quid. IMO skip the trying out loads of waxes, bite the bullet and use that as your choice.

For that kind of money on Metallic Black especially there is better IMO, not over impressed with my Concours.

That suprises me Rich as I am yet to find a colour it does not look good on.................That said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want to sell your concours I will take it off of your hands..............can never have too much:)

330ci sport
Another shout for Chemical Guys 50/50. I've used it on lots of different paints & will be using it on the racing blue cup when I get it! It has given fantastic results on every occasion (after proper swirl removing polish before hand) and is a joy to apply/remove, especially with bare hands ;).

It just seems to have a certain liquidity to it, and is also pretty durable with multiple coats.

As stated above though, most of the finish is in the prep!

A product to seriously consider though, especially over winter as a quick and easy product to apply and maintain, is the Jeffs Werstatt twins (acrylic prime & acrylic trigger for metalics). Not a traditional wax, but fantastic results from a product that takes 10mins to apply/top-up after a wash.

106 GTi

That suprises me Rich as I am yet to find a colour it does not look good on.................That said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want to sell your concours I will take it off of your hands..............can never have too much:)

Seems to look better on Flat Blacks, does not allow the very fine flake in Black Gold to sing out as much as the Swissvax Best of Show. Just upgraded to Mystery which I am not sure I like as much as Zymol Destiny yet though. Unfortunatley I only have that in a sample size. The Concours is not a bad product just not as impressive as some of the cheaper Swissvax's will be keeping it for solid colour cars though.

The BOS is also easier on and off than the Concours.

ph1 172 Black

There weren't swirls showing after SRP + EGP x 2. Only in direct sun and after applying nuaba Gold. My garage seems to show every scratch and swirl (which there aren't many as I have a rotary) and it looks fine in there.

ph1 172 Black

Does the hazy or swirly?

If it look hazy try a wipe down with some quick detail spray and see if they go away? I find I need to do a really good wipe down on mine after waxing with a couple of plush cloths and a nice detail spray or some Zymol Field Glaze or I get a hazy look to the paint.

Maybe thats it is a hazy look. A bit like minor holograms sort of look but not as fine. If that makes sense Rich.

I am looking for a deep wet look. I have got some Megs QD and Megs super plush MF. I know there is far better than Autosmart products it's just a get it nearly for free. So obviously if I'm gonna pay it's got to be good. lol.

ph1 172 Black
Hey Rich. Sorry to bother you again but what do you think of that dodo stuff. Results on DetailingWorld look pretty good.

106 GTi
Does the hazy or swirly?

Maybe thats it is a hazy look. A bit like minor holograms sort of look but not as fine. If that makes sense Rich.

I am looking for a deep wet look. I have got some Megs QD and Megs super plush MF. I know there is far better than Autosmart products it's just a get it nearly for free. So obviously if I'm gonna pay it's got to be good. lol.

Sounds like Wax Holograms then, can be a right b**ch on Black, you won't see them till the sun gets on it. Try a good wipe down with the QD a few hours after waxing. If you can be leave it in the sun to allow the holograms to form then QD it when it cools down in the evening.

106 GTi
Hey Rich. Sorry to bother you again but what do you think of that dodo stuff. Results on DetailingWorld look pretty good.

Not tried any waiting to see what people say to how it looks after the first wash. I have no real need to try it due to the shed loads of wax I already have. I am pretty happy with Swissvax Onyx as my go to choice on all colours for everyday use, and have the others for best.

Always finish the car off with a layer of Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax, for the extra "Bling" factor. ;)

zzzzzzzzz ;)

ph1 172 Black

Sounds like Wax Holograms then, can be a right b**ch on Black, you won't see them till the sun gets on it. Try a good wipe down with the QD a few hours after waxing. If you can be leave it in the sun to allow the holograms to form then QD it when it cools down in the evening.

Thanks Rich. Just got to decide which one now. Swissvax sounds great but I think the 5050 is more my price range. The car has a lot of stone chips on bonnet and would like that respraying so maybe I'll get the 5050. Either that or see if some fool will be me some for my b-day.

Take it CarWashnWax best place to buy from...

ph1 172 Black
and the Swissvax is £40. Think I would of got the Nattys but after seeing Richs car I believe every bit of advice he gives :lolup:

Looked at Nattys cause you used that on top of another wax for a wet look once. Would the 5050 look good over the top of the Reglaze or the other way round.

ph1 172 Black
Have you tried:

Swissvax Onyx will deliver a very wrt looking shine, like all of the Swissvax waxes - wettness appears to be their signature look... And it would fit into budget.

A combo very often forgotten about as far as a wet look shine goes is Clearkote Yellow Cream Wax followed by Clearkote Carnuaba Moose Wax. For me, this looks just as wet, if not wetter than the Onyx and lasts better. But its a lot less well known as a combo. You'll get change from your £40 easily, and I would say this is well worth trying out.

and if so what did you think was the best result.

106 GTi
I have tried both the above, The Clearkote combo does look good - people have said to me that it produced the best look my car ever had. Falls down in that it can't maintain that look come the first wash and needs reapplying.

My car was wearing the Clearkote Glaze Combo, Vannilla Moose, Red Machine Glaze and the Yellow Cream Wax topped with Swissvax at Trax last weekend.

Out of the Carnuba Moose Wax and the Onyx the later wins for me as even after a few washes it looks as good as when it was first applied.

Not tried any waiting to see what people say to how it looks after the first wash. I have no real need to try it due to the shed loads of wax I already have. I am pretty happy with Swissvax Onyx as my go to choice on all colours for everyday use, and have the others for best.

Always finish the car off with a layer of Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax, for the extra "Bling" factor. ;)

zzzzzzzzz ;)

do you think that quote has run its course? :dapprove: