ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse wax sample + clean

So i was one of the lucky ones who was chosen to test the sample of Auto Finesse Spirit wax.

I have found it difficult to get it done sooner with the weather and work but i managed to have a good clean last week. Overall i'm really pleased, gave a real good deep glossy look to my Titanium. I'll write more about it when i get to that stage of pictures.

I also took the chance and ordered some Tripple polish from AF too at the trick or treat offer time so it was layered on their own product.

Not done a good clean for a while and my car was in a pretty rough state dirt wise!

I'm no photographer and kind of forget at times to take after pictures at some parts but here we go.

1_zps8defc448.png

3_zps158a8d0e.jpg

I started off giving the wheels a spray with some of the Wonder Wheels stuff from Tesco that was going cheap a while back.

6_zpsba9dd96c.jpg

Time to give the car its first wash, a good rinse with the hose pipe, two bucket method with lots of shampoo suds to help break down the dirt! Probably not what everyone uses on here but after leaving my proper wools mitt out in the rain for a month forgetting about it its all i had, i quite like them i'm sure lots don't though!

14_zpsa2a1834b.jpg

No picture of the clean car at this stage but next.

Time to use some iron fall out and for this i used some IronX

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o614/Adam_Dickinson/AutoFinesse1/7_zpsfbfb4b7b.jpg?t=1384951594[img]

You can see it really was bringing lots of iron deposits out of the paint work!

[ATTACH=full]1088473[/ATTACH]

Completed this all way around the car with a little agitation with a MF sponge and a rinse off.

Next was to attack parts of the car with Tardis. There wasn't much tar on the car just the odd run or too which was good to see.

After another rise was time for the clay bar. Just a normal Meguires clay bar and some made up 'lube' the car was really bad in places.

Here is a picture from near the passenger wheel arch at the bottom, pulled quite a bit out of the paint work. (a little dirtier than i wanted it to be, but i also used this part and went a little under the arches where wasn't so clean at that stage oops!)

[ATTACH=full]1088474[/ATTACH]

Next i gave everything a fresh clean again, arches, deep in the wheels, right under to the jacking points and then dried off with a large microfiber towel.

After this i cracked on with Tripple

[ATTACH=full]1088475[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1088476[/ATTACH]

First time i've used this polish. In the past i have used Poor Boys black hole or AutoGlym SRP. This was very easy to apply with an applicator pad and spread quite well. The smell is not what i expected at all but its a polish not something to be sniffing!
The polish set well and was very easy to buff off with little powder which i normally get from SRP and gave a great feel and sheen to the car i think this is my polishing product from now on!

Next up was time to wax. In the past i've used liquid wax from Meguires and also used some Dodo Wax which i really liked.

I chose to hand apply the wax as i have in the past, for the first panel it was good to apply but after it seemed the wax was breaking up as i was taking it out of the pot. I'm not sure if it was how i stored it or how i applied it but with the dodo wax in the past it seemed alright all the way through the pot.

However i managed to apply it just using a little more than i needed to. It spread quite easy and cured in good time. Buffing off wasn't too bad but quite harder than i expected (i noticed a couple of others have said this in their threads) However it gave such a good finish off after it was worth it!

The car felt so smooth and had a great deep shine to the paint work it was awesome!

[ATTACH=full]1088477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1088478[/ATTACH]

It rained the day after and gave good beading !

[ATTACH=full]1088479[/ATTACH]

Overall i think its a great product, looking forward to see how it lasts. Since its been applied i have done two trips to Manchester and another one coming up on Sunday. This consists of country roads for an hour each way, the car is dirty'ish again so giving it a clean will show how well its holding up.

Attachments

• 10_zps0cedce92.jpg
    10_zps0cedce92.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 15_zps3c7f5616.jpg
    15_zps3c7f5616.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 18_zps8a47dae4.jpg
    18_zps8a47dae4.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 63
  • 19_zps37b830ab.jpg
    19_zps37b830ab.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 73
  • 22_zps01f082a5.jpg
    22_zps01f082a5.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 71
  • 27_zps335685a3.jpg
    27_zps335685a3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 29_zpsbde5db05.jpg
    29_zpsbde5db05.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 75
  172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Looks good....

Although it would be good to hear If there was too much tripple... Like I put too much wax on... Lol

Plus a good shine for a silver car I would think...

FAR TOO MUCH Tripple. Also doesn't look like you've worked it in? Should dry and haze to quite a light residue to then buff off. Sure it was still easy to remove, but you're not getting the best out of one of my new favourite products.

Thats fair enough thanks for that. I'll didn't know i was using too much. That picture was just after it had been applied, i went back on it to work it in but if i'm using too much next time i'll give it a go with a smaller amount.

Cheers :)

Sorry Adam. That reads like quite a coarse post! Thanks for taking as advice rather than getting at you!!