ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID kit help, pleeeeeasse!

mk 2 1.2 16v
alrite fella's,

have had an hid kit on my non sport mk 2 clio for a while now, had them "professionally" installed, however they just used some sticky tape/sealent s**t, which hasnt really held the bulbs in place within the headlight. Trying 2 find a better way of holding them in and in the correct position? I know for some cars they now do replacement bulb holders for hids, cant find any for the clios.... can any1 help me please? lol ta v much :D

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
i recently bought myself an H7 HID kit for my clio and installed them myself. I'm no electrician but after a while of thinking i managed to fit them with the origional bulb fittings. If you look at the origional bulb holder and socket you will notice that it has a silver looking fitting on the top of it that the standard bulb sits into. It is this silver bit that holds the bulb properly between two screw looking bits in the headlight. what i did was remove the silver fitting from the socket and file away a slit into the side of it to get the HID wires into the middle and fit the HID lights like a standard bulb. just make sure that the origional bulb socket is pushed into the headlight. Also make sure that you file away at the headlight casing and the dust cover at the back of the headlight to make sure that the headlight is sealed properly.