ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID what do headlight do i need to buy to covert to hid?

Clio 1.2
iv been looking and found out that dipped beam is h7 and the high beam in h1, which one do i look for to buy as you all know you need to buy the correct fitment for the car? thanks rob :cool:

3 Series touring
depends on your headlight unit as well because i believe they are changing the MOT in the new year and could be come illegal if it doesnt comply

Unless you have projector style lenses you will need to remove the HIDs for your MOT, only takes 10 minutes though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Unless you have projector style lenses you will need to remove the HIDs for your MOT, only takes 10 minutes though.

But then you'll still be blinding people people for 99% of the year? No?

(s)Low Dynamique

I could't fit my HIDs without removing my headlight, which I needed to remove my bumper, which I needed to remove my archliner, which I needed to remove my wheels. Took me more than ten minutes haha, did I do something wrong? Or am I just slow because it took me like 90 minutes!

3 Series touring
I could't fit my HIDs without removing my headlight, which I needed to remove my bumper, which I needed to remove my archliner, which I needed to remove my wheels. Took me more than ten minutes haha, did I do something wrong? Or am I just slow because it took me like 90 minutes!

I have a medical condition know as "girl hands", if you can get your hand behind the headlights it's not too hard.

The point above is also true though, you will blind people on the other side of the road

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
i think from next year there going to be illegal on cars without the projectors

The whole theory on projectors is still a bit iffy from what was said in another thread. May still be able to get away with them provided they are setup and aligned correctly (although personally I think with there being a reflector from the old bulbs in the headlamp it will just blind anyone anyway.

Nick

You can get the projector casings from someone breaking a 172/182 or you can get aftermarket ones for about £180 with angel eyes....