ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID's and Sport Optic Conversion

Clio
Hi,

Does anyone know how hard it is to do put HID's on these lights after doing a conversion?

I mean would it be as simple as putting to spade connectors into the HID kit?

Thanks,
Nick

Clio
Am I right in thinking people that, its as simple as doing the conversion as the guide says and then plugging the two spade connectors from the HB3 into the ballast?

Nissan 350z
Ive got the dual optics on my 1.4 Si as standard.

You basically assemble the HID (connect the bulb to ballast) so you essentially have a HID circuit. Then you simply connect the HB3 standard feed (normally plugs into the bulb) into the ballast.

The only issue i had was the ballast wasnt marked up Positive and Negative. So i ended up connecting the HB3 to the wrong ballast terminal. Did no damage mind you but took 5mins or so of head scratching to realise.

Clio
That sounds alright then.

My car came with the single optic H4 bulb headlights. Thats why i'm slightly confused about it lol

Nissan 350z
If you are doing or have done the conversion to dual optic then its going to be more difficult to fit HIDs as you will be missing the HB3 connector. The dual optic is a bodge job and is essentially 2 wires connected straight to the back of the bulb (HB3).

So where as mine was a case of unplug HB3 from bulb. Plug into HB3 socket on ballast yours will be unclipping wires, ensuring you connect the correct wire to the correct terminal on the ballast etc. Fiddly but doable.