ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hifi Speaker Advice

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just picked up a Denon amp today, model is PMA-355UK.

I now need a pair of speakers (either floor standing or bookshelf) , don't want to spend over £100 really, I'd prefer to buy used but don't know what to get and what is good?

Any advice on what to look out for?

BG 182
I've recently gone with B&W 603 s1 and am very very happy with the sound and the looks. I may well sell some B&W 601 s1's fairly well priced. I bought them as rears for my setup but they are far too big to sit behind my sofa.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I went to RicherSounds today, my first time actually in store. I've got to say, I was blown away by the level of service they offer, I've not had service that good at any store, ever.

The guy was moving around all the speakers I was looking at, letting me hear them all in the demo room which was a fair bit of hassle for him have to switch them around and run up and down to the showroom. We were just sat on the couch with the iPad they gave us to use. Considering he knew my budget from the offset, and the store wasn't exactly quiet, I was so so impressed.

Anyway, I walked out with some Cambridge Audio S30's in the end. I was mainly interested in the the Diamond 10.1's and the Q Acoustics 2020i's and these were a far better sounding speaker for the sort of music I listen to.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bought some Dali Zensor bookshelf speakers (amongst other Hifi) from Richer sounds. Again, really happy with how they deal with their customers. Top blokes.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
RicherSounds FTW.

Keep an eye out for second hand quality speakers.

I got a set of Ruark CL10s and stands for £50 :eek: They are literally immense. Properly properly fantastic.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I have some stuff for sale.........

1) you're going to keep it all. You know you are.
2) you've already bought a sub to compliment it :rasp:
3) the boy's got a £100 tax/soap dodger budget ;)
4) if you're thinking of selling him my Ruarks when I'm not in, I'd like to remind you I know where you live too...

:evil: