ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

high idle speed when cold after rs tuner

Laguna sport tourer
anybody elses car idling at around the 2k rpm mark when cold after rs tuner remap? it is fine once warmed up wasn't sure if it was normal or not.:S

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Idle will be increased - On cold mine is 2k dropping fairly quick to 1.5k then down to 1k...

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I don't think he meant it idles at 2k, only for a few moments before dropping to 1,5k then 1k

Clio 182 Cup FF
I havnt had mine mapped but i find mine idles higher like 1.3- 1.5k when cold. Drops back down after its warmed up

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
If you've been playing around with the acoustic valve have you reattached it properly or sealed of the output from the plenum if youve left it dis? Could a small air leak be the problem?

Laguna sport tourer
If you've been playing around with the acoustic valve have you reattached it properly or sealed of the output from the plenum if youve left it dis? Could a small air leak be the problem?
i havn't touched the acoustic valve and all pipework is ok, i thought with having a performance map then it might be programmed to stay open as its controlled by a solenoid.
the high idle speed happens if i dip the cluch when car is still rolling when cold and lasts about 30 seconds