ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

high idle?

200bhp itb'd iceberg
hi all
got a problem.... car has started to idle quite high it fluctuates between 1500rpm and 3000rpm its as if its searching for revs? if you rev it, it revs fine then drops back to 1500rpm then increases and drops in between the 2. had this problem with a previous car ended up beeing the air flow sensor could it be this? any ideas?
any help appreciated
thanks
jono

Roadster Coupe
only think i can think of is the the vac pipes. I forgot to reconnect one of mine and had the same problems as you. if the vac pipes are connected then make sure there not split somewhere.

or a leaking gasket on either part of the inlet manifold

faulty throttle body could also be the problem

ITB'd MK1
cable throttle? seen this on a few recently, they dont shut fully unless you snap the throttle on and off again. could try cleaning out the TB thoroughly and then lubricate the spring mechanism. If not, start looking for a good/new one. Worth clenaing out the ICV too

200bhp itb'd iceberg
cable throttle? seen this on a few recently, they dont shut fully unless you snap the throttle on and off again. could try cleaning out the TB thoroughly and then lubricate the spring mechanism. If not, start looking for a good/new one. Worth clenaing out the ICV too

its the newer engine mate with the fly by wire throttle i believe these dont have a icv?