ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Pitch Noise

When driving the valver mostly on motorways, every so often a very high pitch noise occurs which can get louder with speed. It seems as if its coming from the sunroof area but cant be sure. Any other valver owners suffer with this?
Steve

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I get a high pitched noise from the passenger side. Seems to in the glovebox area. Its like a squeal which goes at about 80mph.

Sorry it doesn't help but it is another annoying valver noise.

Steve.

I get a high pitched noise from the passenger side. Seems to in the glovebox area. Its like a squeal which goes at about 80mph.

Steve.

thats the bugger!!! sometimes gets worse at different speeds too. anyone know how to rectify this please?!

My sunroof sometimes whistles - if you can, get something with a sucker thing on it (a satnav mount maybe) and stick it to the inside of the sunroof - as you get the whistling, pull the sucker thing down towards you so the sunroof seals better. If it does go away, you know it's that! lol

As for the glovebox noise... Mine makes noises between certain revs, but that's the heater matrix being blocked?

O

Ollyb16v

Steve.
I have that same noise but happens when i accelerate up to 4k revs then starts squeeling. got to change the heater matrix so could be that?????

O

Ollyb16v

My sunroof sometimes whistles - if you can, get something with a sucker thing on it (a satnav mount maybe) and stick it to the inside of the sunroof - as you get the whistling, pull the sucker thing down towards you so the sunroof seals better. If it does go away, you know it's that! lol

As for the glovebox noise... Mine makes noises between certain revs, but that's the heater matrix being blocked?[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes no heating but noise could be because its blocked??

renault clio 172
i know this is nothing 2 do with the thread but can sumone please tell me what bump means.thanks

Renault Clio 1.8 16v

Steve.
I have that same noise but happens when i accelerate up to 4k revs then starts squeeling. got to change the heater matrix so could be that?????

Yeah, this is what mine does.... :( Then when cruising throughout 70-80mph etc but goes at 90. Stops quite abruptly infact.

Although like steve740, my heating is fine.

O

Ollyb16v

Mine gets louder and louder bit annoying really sounds like something will explode

Last edited by a moderator:
lol yeah. I thought it was air coming into the car as it does get louder with gusts of wind, speed etc
Really wanna get this sorted

O

Ollyb16v

Don't know mate still trying to get somone brave enough to change the heater matrix