ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HIgh pitch sound through speakers

Hey im running a kenwood hu with keny 2 channel amp, which two subs are running off and i have a smaller cheap amp running my kenny ovals but when i start the engine and accelerate i get a high pitched noise which get loader when i go faster. How can i stop this? and whats causing it ?

thanks

H22A7 Accord Type R

check your earth to the amp also...........i had this after fiddling with cables, the earth had come loose........Rob

the earth is fine i only fitted it all sat. The wires are all together. Ill have a play and move them to the other side of the car.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes, you shouldnt run power and speaker cables parrallel to each other, it causes an inductive loop, if the wires have to cross each other make sure its @ 90 degrees angle.

don't

should solve the problem, its a pain in the arse running wires sometimes, especially as some cars skirting is a pain 2 get up, and sometimes theres very limited room 4 the wires aswel

should sort everything out when u move power away from speaker cables

when dealin with ICE its usually sumin simple thats the prob, most ppl overlook the fact that a decent earth is vital

I just took the rca lead between the hu and the EQ out and put a pheonix gold one which a run across the other side of the car, and high pitch noise has gone i need to make the install look nice now dunno how i will do that.

thanks alot guys