ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

high vibration when turning left

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
hoping someone can please help.

I have a clio 172 non cup, if i corner left above about 30mph it vibrates from the front left, its fine at lower speeds and completely fine at any speed turning right,

I've changed the engines mounts dog bone, drive shaft, ball joint, discs and pads, top mounts, shocks springs, the gearbox seems fine and selects gears perfect, it shows no signs of wear or failure, the circlip is still fitted holding the diff and isn't damaged, does anyone have any ideas what it could be please?

regards
sam

Wheel bearing? Does the wheel rock top-to-bottom if you jack it up and try to wiggle it with a hand at 6 and a hand at 12?

Have you moved the front tyres to the back (and vice versa, obviously ;) ) to see if the issue moves?

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Tyres are brand new ad08r’s Tried swapping the front to the back and vice versa. Wheel bearings are new and have no play at all.
The frequency of the vibration changed slightly after I changed the engine mounts but is still clearly felt.
I’m lost for things to change now

If you've changed everything that can move and everything that can't, I'm all out of ideas... 😀 lol

That said, are the ARB bushes/mounts all tight and not worn? The fact it goes away when turning right could suggest something is loose when it is unloaded and turning left?

Any chance you're using non-sport subframe?
Check if the hole for the gearbox support mounting looks drilled from factory or not.
If that's the case you will have to use a ph1 right hand side driveshaft, as the ph2 one is too long.
Went through so many worlds of pain and parts until realizing this... :cautious:

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Any chance you're using non-sport subframe?
Check if the hole for the gearbox support mounting looks drilled from factory or not.
If that's the case you will have to use a ph1 right hand side driveshaft, as the ph2 one is too long.
Went through so many worlds of pain and parts until realizing this... :cautious:
deffo the right subframe but thank you for the input, hope you managed to fix yours