ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Highway Insurance- scam

BMW M4; S1000 RR
stevo172-250 said:
insurance is such a pain in the fooking arse!

they will think of any excuse not to pay up!

they make so much money from us younger drivers!
you would think theyd want to look after you a bit to keep custom!

eg im 23now bin driving only 4yrs,but because of changing ins comps i only have 2yrs no claims!
you really do have to read into it!
i payed toomuch in my clio172turbo! £2200! then i went and got 6points!
now i have to drive a f**king fiat cinq 898cc!
w*nk!

Stevo how does that work ??

I have always been under the impression NCD is based on how long you've been insured without claiming, not under individual companies...

Still, I am sure someone said on here recently that the claims departments cannot check whether your NCD are valid... Doesn't sound right, but surely if you've been driving for 10 years. Had a claim in your 4th year, then you would have 5 years NCD, regardless of whether you switched mid policy.

Can anyone clear this up before I start "misleading" insurance companies :quiet:

Ford Mustang 5.0
Liverpool_Nick said:
Im well aware that your approved you'd have a hard time trading if you weren't. Your only allowed to give fact and not advice as its seen as influencing the customers decision which is an FSA breach.
We are authorised to give advice on insurance. The FSA wording on our website is:

"Greenlight Insurance Services are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Our FSA authorisation number is 306467, our permitted business is arranging general Insurance contracts. This can be verified by visiting the FSA's website www.fsa.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234."

To be able to transact business you have to advise customers. For example When I provide a quote I advise a cusomer that his excess is £500 are you telling me thats a breach of FSA regulations?

What is your capacity in the insurance industry?

If you PM me your Telephone number i'll have the senior partner/head of complaince give you a call and discuss with you the extent of our authorities.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Last edited:
  IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
neil@greenlightinsurance said:
We are authorised to give advice on insurance. The FSA wording on our website is:

"Greenlight Insurance Services are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Our FSA authorisation number is 306467, our permitted business is arranging general Insurance contracts. This can be verified by visiting the FSA's website www.fsa.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234."

To be able to transact business you have to advise customers. For example When I provide a quote I advise a cusomer that his excess is £500 are you telling me thats a breach of FSA regulations?

What is your capacity in the insurance industry?

If you PM me your Telephone number i'll have the senior partner/head of complaince give you a call and discuss with you the extent of our authorities.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

If your giving an excess that is factual information, how can you advise an excess when its fact. To be honest i dont care, your only a broker your job is nearly extinct anyway.

IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
cliokhunt said:
Stevo how does that work ??

I have always been under the impression NCD is based on how long you've been insured without claiming, not under individual companies...

Still, I am sure someone said on here recently that the claims departments cannot check whether your NCD are valid... Doesn't sound right, but surely if you've been driving for 10 years. Had a claim in your 4th year, then you would have 5 years NCD, regardless of whether you switched mid policy.

Can anyone clear this up before I start "misleading" insurance companies :quiet:

It goes on what your last insurer says, with most it doesnt matter if you have 20 years NCB if you make a claim without protection you walkaway with 2 years NCB. Some companies dont check NCB level, when you claim that check is then completed by Customer Refferals, if you dont have NCB you said you have the ROR is read.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Liverpool_Nick said:
how can you advise an excess
The dictionary defines "advise": "to give (a person, group, etc.) information or notice"

Therefore by advising someone of the policy excess i'm giving them information.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Dear Nick,

As the Senior Partner at Greenlight I also oversee the compliance aspect of the Greenlight operation.

The purpose of my registration upon this forum is in order that I may establish contact with you personally, with a view to establishing your capacity within the Insurance industry followed by discussing the posts you have made to date along with the issues that you have raised in relation to Greenlight upon this forum.

At this stage, having reviewed and retained all posts made by you upon cliosport I am intrigued as to the capacity in which you have commented upon Insurance issues upon this forum.

One of my colleagues overtly displays his status as working for greenlight and has obtained our authority to comment upon the forum prior to maintaining a dialogue with the cliosport community. His forum interaction and posts are constructive, they are made with a view to assisting our clientele or other Individuals upon Cliosport.

Having established as to my colleague’s capacity in which his comments are made upon Cliosport I now wish to do so for yourself.

Your profile states that you are a student/Insurance agent and presumably at the tender age of 20 years old you are employed as opposed to self-employed.

You have passed comment/given advice/suggested courses of action upon Insurance questions and queries upon Cliosport and I am attempting to ascertain as to the authority for which you are making these comments (ie. on behalf of yourself/using your employers license with their permission).

As you have not confirmed this within posts to date I will work upon the assumption that you are passing comment on you own behalf, which as you will be aware the Financial Services Authority requires you to be an “approved person” with their own Professional Indemnity cover in force. If you would be so kind as to provide details of both your personal FSA license number along with P.I. cover details I will investigate this further.

If however you are employed by an Insurance providing entity, there is no detail or identity of such within your posts and you are commenting without your employers details being shown within your profile or posts.

Assuming the absence of your personal FSA license/P.I. cover, presumably the advice/comments/guidance/factual information supplied by you to date upon this forum in relation to Insurance issues will be with your reliance upon utilising your employers FSA license, indemnity cover, training and guidance provided to date.

It is with this in mind that I wish to request your specific comment in relation to my initial points raised within this message prior to proceeding further, along with details of your employer and their compliance officer in order that I may take this matter up with the individual concerned as well as yourself.

In addition to your Insurance comments, you appear to be accusing Greenlight of acting beyond the bounds of our authority in relation to the comments passed to date.

The comments made by you in relation our integrity in this situation are also an area that I am looking to investigate and subsequently pursue.

At this stage I wish to make you aware that it is our company policy to pursue actions against individuals who publicly damage our reputation and will also be assessing your comments in relation to both defamation of character and libel.

Tony Fehily
Senior Partner
Greenlight Insurance

IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
Call it what you want, if you go around advertising that you give advice then goodluck if some makes a complaint and it goes as far as the FSA.

Actually if someone has had a quote from your brokers and requested no marketing, your posts contain information about your company which would constitute as marketing, therefore, FSA breach?

To be clear this post is directed to neil.

Last edited:
  IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
Tony@Greenlight said:
Dear Nick,

As the Senior Partner at Greenlight I also oversee the compliance aspect of the Greenlight operation.

The purpose of my registration upon this forum is in order that I may establish contact with you personally, with a view to establishing your capacity within the Insurance industry followed by discussing the posts you have made to date along with the issues that you have raised in relation to Greenlight upon this forum.

At this stage, having reviewed and retained all posts made by you upon cliosport I am intrigued as to the capacity in which you have commented upon Insurance issues upon this forum.

One of my colleagues overtly displays his status as working for greenlight and has obtained our authority to comment upon the forum prior to maintaining a dialogue with the cliosport community. His forum interaction and posts are constructive, they are made with a view to assisting our clientele or other Individuals upon Cliosport.

Having established as to my colleague’s capacity in which his comments are made upon Cliosport I now wish to do so for yourself.

Your profile states that you are a student/Insurance agent and presumably at the tender age of 20 years old you are employed as opposed to self-employed.

You have passed comment/given advice/suggested courses of action upon Insurance questions and queries upon Cliosport and I am attempting to ascertain as to the authority for which you are making these comments (ie. on behalf of yourself/using your employers license with their permission).

As you have not confirmed this within posts to date I will work upon the assumption that you are passing comment on you own behalf, which as you will be aware the Financial Services Authority requires you to be an “approved person” with their own Professional Indemnity cover in force. If you would be so kind as to provide details of both your personal FSA license number along with P.I. cover details I will investigate this further.

If however you are employed by an Insurance providing entity, there is no detail or identity of such within your posts and you are commenting without your employers details being shown within your profile or posts.

Assuming the absence of your personal FSA license/P.I. cover, presumably the advice/comments/guidance/factual information supplied by you to date upon this forum in relation to Insurance issues will be with your reliance upon utilising your employers FSA license, indemnity cover, training and guidance provided to date.

It is with this in mind that I wish to request your specific comment in relation to my initial points raised within this message prior to proceeding further, along with details of your employer and their compliance officer in order that I may take this matter up with the individual concerned as well as yourself.

In addition to your Insurance comments, you appear to be accusing Greenlight of acting beyond the bounds of our authority in relation to the comments passed to date.

The comments made by you in relation our integrity in this situation are also an area that I am looking to investigate and subsequently pursue.

At this stage I wish to make you aware that it is our company policy to pursue actions against individuals who publicly damage our reputation and will also be assessing your comments in relation to both defamation of character and libel.

Tony Fehily
Senior Partner
Greenlight Insurance

Thank you Tony for your detailed response, i am impressed that some one of your authority would even bother investigating what ive said, for all you know i could be 16 years old. I was talking to Neil and not your company, also the amount of users on this site and others who "publicly damage our reputation" is a massive amount i would be impressed to see such a large suit. I am only talking the truth, the same way any person who knows FSA regs would. I am allowed to dispute what Neil says. On this website i do not represent my employer and i have never stated that i do. I am member of the public on this website and nothing else.

Last edited:
  IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
To add to the above comment, I am allowed to discuss comments with your staff, i havent spoke bad of your company in anyway on this website. In fact i think i am eligable to lodge a complaint because you are accusing me of damage to your companies reputation when i have done no such thing and you have no evidence of this, this could be seen as defamation of character.

Liverpool_Nick said:
Thank you Tony for your detailed response, i am impressed that some one of your authority would even bother investigating what ive said, for all you know i could be 16 years old.

Ordinarily I would not become involved, but due to the nature of your posts they have been escallated to myself.

I have worked within the industry for nearly two decades, in this time I have held positions within the Underwriting department of a Lloyds Syndicate, along with positions at 3 brokerages (2 large national), subsequently founding Greenlight to cater specifically for the vehicle enthusiast market. Greenlight are an established company and currently trading within their 11th Year.

We are a long term BIBA (British Insurance Brokers Association) member in addition to being authorised & regulated by the FSA in relation to General Insurance.

Both staff and management at Greenlight are vehicle enthusiasts as well as Insurance professionals. We possess a high level of technical knowledge and are here to assist the enthusiast.

Liverpool_Nick said:
I was talking to Neil and not your company

Neil is an approved person who is here with the knowledge and authority of Greenlight, the screenshots taken as part of our investigation indicate your comments were not specific to Neil, they were in respect of Greenlight.

Liverpool_Nick said:
also the amount of users on this site and others who "publicly damage our reputation" is a massive amount i would be impressed to see such a large suit.

As you can see from my registration purely to comment to you I have not been involved with “others”, but I will assess the “massive amount” of damage one case at a time.

At this stage my interest and involvement lies solely with you.

Liverpool_Nick said:
I am only talking the truth, the same way any person who knows FSA regs would.

You have not quantified your experience to date, or the level and extent of your training or involvement within the are of compliance.

I have overseen compliance issues here at Greenlight throughout the period of ABI regulation, GISC regulation and ensuing FSA regulation.

In addition to our own resources and research we have utilised Management consultants within this area to ensure we maintain constant compliance in all areas. Thus I like to feel that I am talking with reasonable authority in this area and as someone “who knows FSA regs”.

Liverpool_Nick said:
I am allowed to dispute what Neil says. On this website i do not represent my employer and i have never stated that i do. I am member of the public on this website and nothing else.

You are an Insurance professional who is passing comment by using their expertise gained whilst working within Insurance to comment with authority upon the issues raised.

I have quantified my experience and expertise, along with Greenlight’s status yet to date you are yet to do so.

Liverpool_Nick said:
To be honest I don’t care, your only a broker your job is nearly extinct anyway

As to this comment for an individual who works within the Insurance industry, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Surely the more insurance entities that exist, brokers or otherwise is a positive thing for the consumer as it will ensure market competitiveness. In addition as an Insurance professional an abundance of potential employers (Brokers or otherwise) is also a positive thing and I am amazed as to such a comment.

Last edited:
Liverpool_Nick said:
In fact i think i am eligable to lodge a complaint because you are accusing me of damage to your companies reputation when i have done no such thing and you have no evidence of this, this could be seen as defamation of character.

Nick,

It's all well and good sniping whilst hiding behind a faceless username, so your complaint would be something that I personally welcome right now and can assure you of my full attention, along with that of our firms legal representative in this regard.

What would be an idea is for you to seek legal advice and establish quantum in relation to the level of potential damage allegedly caused to your reputation as a result of any comments made within our posts - We will carry out the same exercise.

In addition to handling our own case we will forward copies of your other publicly accessible posts in relation to "advice/guidance" from you in respect of other Insurance entities to the regulator and principal of each respective Insurance entity concerned.

Finally, your comments as to "brokers extinction" would also motivate the entire membership of BIBA, along with all Insurers that transact business with brokers.

Tony Fehily
Senior Partner

172 Cup
Think Nick just got owned...

Tony thanks for taking the time to come on here and explain the in and outs to people.

IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
I havent caused your company any damage if so id like to see proof please.

I havent said anything damaging against other companies, i have provide information that people can access themselves.

Please dont make me aware of what i can do, its not impressive or intimidating.

Its nice to see a company spending so much time and effort on trival things such as my comments.

Being a student has nothing to do with arguing a case.

My comment about a broker becoming extinct was in reference to website such as confused.com.

This is an open forum where people can discuss what they like openly.

Tony if your next post is about our discussion dont bother posting it, PM any further comments you want to make.

Last edited:
Nick,

1) Your comments were referred to me and are the reason that I became involved, instigating our interaction with you.

2) I do not regard Greenlight's reputation or that of the broking industry as 'trivial', thus am prepared to allocate resources to uphold the reputation of my company.

As to the time spent, this can be considered and added when calculating quantum.

3) You are discussing issues and being regarded as an Insurance professional not a student.

4) Confused.com is part of the Admiral group and evolved from their take over of Inspop. It is a comparison engine for all Insurance entities and amongst the companies providing terms to the public are ITS4ME, Lancaster, Swinton, Direct Choice & Budget Insurance - all of which are Insurance Brokers. Which clearly counters your extinction theory and highlights that the comments made were not in relation to a confused backdrop.

Your comments in respect of brokers becoming extinct were derogatory to the broking industry and were not considered to have been made in conjunction, or context with confused.com.

With regard to raising future issues by PM, I am happy to do so and within prior posts have requested you to PM me details that would allow me to correspond with you directly, along with details of your experience, employer and the name of their compliance officer - as yet you have failed to supply these.

I await your full details by PM.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
What a kerfuffle!

kerfuffle.jpg

S13
Going back to the original advice point, surely the advice being given is just to indicate the cheapest quote with the best level of cover, which is what most people would go for anyway, and surely as a broker, it's their obligation to tell you the cheapest quote first off and inform people of the level of cover they're getting for their money? The policies of individual underwriters are fact and not the opinion of the broker..

As other people have said if you don't wish to choose the quote the broker recommends you can always pick a different company.. am I right or have I got confused here?

R35 GTR
Tony seems a good bloke, spoke to him on the phone. I think this stuff on regarding the Mazda forum is effecting everybody, we shouldnt really get involved, so step away from the keyboard!

S13
I don't doubt Tony or his company at all, nor doubt anyone that works for them. Just was unsure as to why this large debate escalated from something that seems fairly elementary.

True, we probably shouldn't get involved.

R35 GTR
rob192 said:
I don't doubt Tony or his company at all, nor doubt anyone that works for them. Just was unsure as to why this large debate escalated from something that seems fairly elementary.

True, we probably shouldn't get involved.

I dont understand most of the stuff they are saying.....straight over my head.lol.