ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hillpower bend? worth it??

hi guys i am thinking of getting one for my bmc are they worth while and are they shorter than the normal bend so i can improve the air feed? cheers guys any alternative rather than spending 50 squid!!

VRS
i love mine :D

they are expensive and there are cheper alternatives without the breather pipes.

if you ring nick and ask for a longer bend he will send u one with plenty of length so you can trim it to suit whatever airfilter and cold air feed you are using

andy

cheers buddy i want a small one so i can route a better feed at the moment of the standard bend there is no room for a feed!!!

Jag Mondeo -Type

they are expensive and there are cheper alternatives without the breather pipes.

if you ring nick and ask for a longer bend he will send u one with plenty of length so you can trim it to suit whatever airfilter and cold air feed you are using

andy

Hi just wondering where you can get these cheap alternatives without the breather pipe from I've not come across any yet.

Thanks

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

andy

Hi just wondering where you can get these cheap alternatives without the breather pipe from I've not come across any yet.

Thanks
Andy905, check his website in his profile. Around £20-25 IIRC.

Samco are making one at the moment - I took my car in about a week ago for them to use to design their own. This will include the full breather pipe as well. Will be rady for sale within the next couple of weeks

Clio 172mk2
how can samco be makin one at moment when they`ve been selling them to k-tech for ages

email
"Hello, I have been passed on your request by Samco Sport, it was regarding an induction pipe hose, unfortunately the link to the picture didn’t work but please let me know which part you would like so I can quote you, the hose you require is £69 + VAT and we have those in stock"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52 AOO/a326e238.jpg

oh n i asked them back in january 2006

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Nothing on K-tec site currently. Maybe it didn't sell enough with K-tec or they had the sole right to it when getting them from Samco.
Looks like Samco are gonna make an improved version anyway...shame i just got my Hill Power, can't fault it tho:)

Clio 172mk2
i actually emailed samco to make one and found a pic , but samco sent me to k-tec. i tried a few other companys but non were will to make a design at that time unless i paid for full costs (silly money)

there was nothing on k-tecs site when i asked back then , so duno why they aint got it on

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Samco are making one at the moment - I took my car in about a week ago for them to use to design their own. This will include the full breather pipe as well. Will be rady for sale within the next couple of weeks

You need to be well in, don't ya Tim;)

thats right chris - always helps.

I can assure you Samco have never made or sold these before - If they had I would have bought one! The design manager asked me to take my car in a couple of weeks ago - took the breather pipe off the car and designed the pipe there and then on paper - as said should be ready soon. I have never seen it advertised on k-tecs web site and they definately havent got them in stock as Samco dont make them yet - the one in the picture has no breather pipe connected as far as I can see - the pipe they are making is all one piece including the breather pipe.

Also agree with Ali - the silicon on the Hill Power is very soft

cheers guys for all your comments i think i will give the hillpower a miss for a bit until the samco one comes out can you let me know tim when something is sorted how much do you think it may be? cheers bud

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Samco did make a batch of these hoses a couple of years ago. We still have around 6 or 7 in stock but we were not impressed by the fit on the cars with FBW throttle.

They should be making a new one which we will have available very soon.

David.