ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hiring a Wide angle?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im going on Holiday in May. I am using a D90 with a Nikon 18-200 and a 35mm.
I was thinking of hiring a wide angle for my hols. Ive never used one before but thought it would be quite cool as i am going to Istanbul which has some interesting architecture. If i hire the wide angle i wont take my 35mm. I love the 18-200mm for holidays.

Any thoughts?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I don't know there is a sigma 10-20 lens for about £300 that looks nice. I don't really want to spend much more than that as I don't use my slt a lot. I hear that it's a good lens.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I have a Tokina 12-24mm F4 lens, an excellent lens that barely comes off the camera (although I do mainly take pictures of the insides of buildings!!).

The Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 is supposed to be one of the best wide angles out there (although costs over £400)

12-24mm...

£325.00 (get cashback through topcashback)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokina-AT...ters_Lenses&hash=item3cc3a51f41#ht_1140wt_955

Out of interest, who is allowing you to hire a lens and take it abroad? Calumet?

Oil Burner
Just buy a used one and sell it once you're done. You will only loose postage if your smart. Look at Talkphotography to buy.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't know there is a sigma 10-20 lens for about £300 that looks nice. I don't really want to spend much more than that as I don't use my slt a lot. I hear that it's a good lens.

Buy it. You'll want one after hiring it anyway. I love mine !!! If all else fails, someone on here will buy it :)

Storm Grey 200
I hired a 24-70 nikon from that site, great service. was only about £70 for a over a week hire!

RB 182
I can also vouch for fantastic service from lensesforhire, top class. I hired the Canon 10-22 last year.

If you do hire a UWA, you'll want to own one once it goes back.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lenses for hire are great, and they are local to me so I went and picked it up.

I would say hire as I I definitely didn't want to buy what I had hired so it was well worth hiring rather than buying!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I just don't know whether I'll use a wide angle that much! But it's worth a shot.