ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hisense TVs - Are they actually good VFM?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I always thought they were like the Bush/Alba of TVs, but on looking to upgrade our 50" LG plasma, I came across this

The reviews for it seem to be fantastic. and it probably uses half the power to run than what we have at the moment. I don't know whether to take the risk and grab one, or pay the extra £80-£100 for another LG or Samnsungm, like this one: https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/samsung-ue50ru7100.html

I've loved the LG plasma since we got it, but it always lacked that extra sharpness I have seen on other screens, and it's getting on for 7 years old now.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I always thought they were like the Bush/Alba of TVs, but on looking to upgrade our 50" LG plasma, I came across this

The reviews for it seem to be fantastic. and it probably uses half the power to run than what we have at the moment. I don't know whether to take the risk and grab one, or pay the extra £80-£100 for another LG or Samnsungm, like this one: https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/samsung-ue50ru7100.html

I've loved the LG plasma since we got it, but it always lacked that extra sharpness I have seen on other screens, and it's getting on for 7 years old now.

I ordered one..... Arrived what can only be described as a toe cap smash in the screen. Wasnt impressed.

Got a refund and went down currys.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I ordered one..... Arrived what can only be described as a toe cap smash in the screen. Wasnt impressed.

Got a refund and went down currys.

I'd pick up myself from Richer, so no issues with couriers twatting them about. What did you replace it with?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
CS have one of these that we use a shows. We’ve had a it a few years iirc.

We haven’t had any issues albeit we don’t use it a lot. It does however get shifted around a fair bit and we’ve had no issues with it so far.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have a Hisense 50n6800, its brilliant. Far better than my LG which was double the price.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
They are great. for the money you'll struggle to get any better. I've got 2 at home and a load at work. Never had any issues with them.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I almost bought a one, but talked myself out of it at the last minute, seems some people regard them as a budget tv, lower end of the quality spectrum, but looking at the comments in here they are worth taking a punt on.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I think when i spoke to the guy in Richer Sounds he said they had some reliability issues, and were classed as a budget tv rather than quality tv, maybe he was just trying to sell me a more expensive tv, seems like loads in here are very happy with theirs.... (y)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
CS have one of these that we use a shows. We’ve had a it a few years iirc.

We haven’t had any issues albeit we don’t use it a lot. It does however get shifted around a fair bit and we’ve had no issues with it so far.

^^This.

I have a much newer, several times more expensive LG OLED TV at home yet I must admit every year when we set it up at CSF I'm still impressed at what a bloody good TV and picture the CS Hisense has to be honest.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I think when i spoke to the guy in Richer Sounds he said they had some reliability issues, and were classed as a budget tv rather than quality tv, maybe he was just trying to sell me a more expensive tv, seems like loads in here are very happy with theirs.... (y)

Totally just trying to screw money out of you in my view.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I’ve had a 55 inch one for about 4 years. I’m no TV geek but it’s great, no issues from me. Looks cracking in HD. It’s 4K but I’ve never watched anything in 4K apart from a few demo YouTube videos.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The higher the quality source you give the TV the more imperfections show on lower quality products.
Amount of use can also impact on picture quality over time.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So for folk watching stuff off sky boxes/virgin or casting from phones all the fancy stuff like 4k is not needed?

Normal day to day I wouldn’t say you need 4K, unless you wanna pay for 4K content and go through an effort to watch it.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Netflix 4K is noticeable difference as is Ultra HD on Sky compared to HD but at a cost.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
4k + HDR/dolby vision for the win!

back on topic though, hisense tv's are great VFM

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Had mine (55U7A) for a couple of years now, really happy with it.

Picture is brilliant, and sound is good too for a flatscreen. The smart system is quite no thrills, but it's got all the catchup apps along with netflix, YT and Amazon which suits my needs, I mainly watch 4K Netflix on it.

The only negative is the HDR isn't that good, not many zones and not bright enough, but at this price point you can't expect it.

They get good reviews on AVForum:

And there are a few owners:

Are you stuck at 50" or could you go bigger? It's only another £180 to get a 65"...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QMSF1YP/?tag=cliospnet01-21

(Although 'Alexa built-in' can f**k off.)