ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit a cat

I saw on the forum a while back a guy asking if hitting a cat, rabbit or some sort of small animal could have caused any damage to his car.

I think the general consensus was that no way would a small animal cause any damage to a car. This was my view as well untill........

My mate called me up the other day to say he hit a cat at about 60mph in his VW beetle (new style) and it had cracked his raidator. He has scince had the damage assessed and it is going to cost £1600 to get it fixed it has F**ked his car up!

So the moral of the story is avoid cute fluffy animals at all costs!!!

yup had a guy with an m3 evo where i used to work come in who had hit a bunny at 120 and it did about 2k of damage. and when i say bunny i mean bunny not some massive dog sized hare.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ive had to swerve to aviod a dog on the m/way before!

If i hit that it would have wrecked my car and probs me too! It was only one of them little white ones though like whats on the ceasar advert.

must have been a farm cat.... But it was definatly a cat!!!!! Its scotland plenty of countryside and cats ;)

ST

Quote: Originally posted by disco on 15 November 2004

must have been a farm cat.... But it was definatly a cat!!!!! Its scotland plenty of countryside and cats ;)
Disco where you from exactly mate?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 15 November 2004
Ive had to swerve to aviod a dog on the m/way before!If i hit that it would have wrecked my car and probs me too! It was only one of them little white ones though like whats on the ceasar advert.

Your lucky ive had to avoid a cow on the motorway before lol !

Might do can only afford a "pussy" 1.5dci at the moment would feel a bit inferior!!!!

Fogive the pun!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 15 November 2004

Ive had to swerve to aviod a dog on the m/way before!

If i hit that it would have wrecked my car and probs me too! It was only one of them little white ones though like whats on the ceasar advert.

Your lucky ive had to avoid a cow on the motorway before lol !
Surely thats not true? lol

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 15 November 2004Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 15 November 2004 Ive had to swerve to aviod a dog on the m/way before!If i hit that it would have wrecked my car and probs me too! It was only one of them little white ones though like whats on the ceasar advert.

[/QUOTE]

Your lucky ive had to avoid a cow on the motorway before lol ![/QUOTE]Surely thats not true? lol

Unfortunatly I am being serious lol ! people had to come to a complete stop and the police showed up and "removed" it from the motorway lol

You only get away with it if the animal is small enough to get run over by your wheels and miss your bodywork (so very small for some of the lower cars here).

However, a smashed up front and a dead animal is better than either killing yourself or another motorist/motorcyclist by swerving..... a Friend of mines mates mum swerved for a pheasant and hit a lorry killing her 5 year old son....

..but Yes, most things hitting your car cause damage....

Simon.

I hit a pigeon in a Passat hire car (thank god it wasnt my clio) I was doing around 70. The pigeon hit the big VW badge on the front and ripped that out, then proceed to bury its head into the radiator! Broke some of the trim off around the badge as well.

Just goes to show that small animals back a hefty punch when they are travelling at speed (well your travelling at speed)

i hit a rabbit the other night at about 60 no damage at all few :)

mate hit a badger in a subaru justaty thingy he ended up in a ditch writing his car off he then got out and kicked the bader to death !!!! the tw*t

Well if the badger was badly injured id have put it out of its misery too! Although they are freaking viscious buggers! I was on a TA exercise, three of us running through a field at night trying to get to an OP. We are running through corn in the tyre tracks of a tractor and im the 2nd in the line. Anyway all of a sudden there is this hissing roar and the guy in front stops dead, i pile into him and guy behind into me. Turns out a badger was coming the other way and didnt like the look of us. We jumped into the other tyre track and carried on laughing our heads off! (very stealthily laughing of course!)

i used to have a saxo and hit a badger doing about 40 took off have my front bumper damaged the wheel and ripped off part of the wing. the worst bit was the little b*****d managed to walk away. very annoying cost me sh*t loads

Megane 225 Arctic Blue

Youd be amazed at the damage a pigeon can do when you hit it at over 100mph too!
Was a passenger in a BMW at Bruntingthorpe and could see the pigeon sat smack bang in the middle of the runway.
Didnt move.....
Took out a foglight and a healthy slice of the front splitter.

riigghhhhhhhhtttttttt. so next time you are doing 70 down a dually in the dark and a rabbit/deer/animal dives out of the bushes and right in front of you so close you dont have time to react then you tell me if you were going too fast? thankfully ive never hit an animal but ive had a few close shaves. I know plenty who have connected and it wasnt due to driving like a prat. unless you want to give bunnies/deer/dogs/cats/badgers etc reflective jackets and make sure they have to scale a 10ft wall and razor wire before getting onto a road then animals will continue to get run over. its not nice but its a fact of life.

E91 M Sport

Sometimes animals dont use footbridges and zebra crossings though mate.

Having said that, the police will probably use the number of dead pigeons on a certain stretch of road as evidence that a safety camera is needed!

Quote: Originally posted by sargeantinio on 15 November 2004

all deserve to pay for killing animals f**kin slow down and f**kin open your eyes
I hope you also drive slow enough for all those little flies, so they dont get splattered on your car! Im guessing you hug trees at the weekend?

Jeez dude, animals stray onto the road, its a fact of life sadly. Doesnt matter how fast your going ive hit a pheasant at 40 in a 50 country road. It wasnt dead so i got out and rung its neck. Its the only decent thing to do. It certainly wasnt going to live.

I think everyone does. This is a clio forum so we morn when our cars get damaged. If we were on a Catsport.net forum, wed be morning the poor cat. I hate to see any animal die needlessly.

Normally i would mind. But personally i hate cats, the less of them evils barstewards the better.

Sorry about your car mate.

Im sure this will offend someone.

E91 M Sport

Im sure most people would agree that once we cut pedestrian/cyclists/other road user deaths to 0 we can then turn our attention to the animals.

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 15 November 2004

Normally i would mind. But personally i hate cats, the less of them evils barstewards the better.

HEAR HEAR! i upset everyone on here by telling someone to put a half dead cat out of its misery cos i hate them as well...

clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by beacytan on 15 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 15 November 2004

HEAR HEAR! i upset everyone on here by telling someone to put a half dead cat out of its misery cos i hate them as well...

PENOIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!