ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit and run

I was hit by some prat who failed to stop on Saturday evening. I gave chase for a short while but they clearly weren't gonna stop so I let them go. There were 5 people in the car so I may have found myself in a spot of bother had they then stopped anyway!

Can anyone here get me the owners details if I give you the registration number?

Can't see the police's threatening letter to the owner coming to much and obviously they won't let me have the details.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
sorry to hear that mate, I have had someone do that to me, its feels s**t
hope the police pull their finger out and get sumin done for ya

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Should have phoned the police whilst following them - On handsfree obviously.

tell ur insurance.. give them the reg number. your insurance can then contact their insurance. etc.. also take some pics of your car, describe the car that hit u aswell.. they might be able to trace it, unless that guy dont have insurance!

I've reported it to the police. My pregnant girlfriend was with me at the time and was panicking so I coudn't keep following them.

They confirmed the plates match the car and it's not stolen but won't tell me where they live. I doubt very much whether they've got insurance.

Again, anyone who can provide the info please do. It will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and I'm sure a reward could be arranged!

172mk2 - flame
The police will actually go round to the house, they did with me anyway. It has to be reported if you want anything to happen.

clio 172
sorry to this matey hope your mrs is ok! leaving the scene of an accident i believe is a criminal offence in itself so the police should be able to knock on there door for that reason...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The police have to act surely.Tell them you'll go to the local press with the man and pregnant woman in hit and run and the police did F all to help line

Glad your both ok by the way

Nice idea Ian. They're supposed to be getting back to us to tell us what they're doing about it so if I'm not happy then I'll kick up a fuss

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
look around the area for CCTV cameras. then point out to the police that they are there. this happened to me, and the police spend ages to even tell you if there was CCTV in the area, so you might aswell have a look urself and save time.

i was unlucky in that when i got hit and run there was no CCTV.