ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hit by a lorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  renault clio 182
ouhh okay thanks for the advice! i dont think il get much for it though :( 02 plate, 60k miles- had a look on auto trader and theyre cheap as chips really :( interior is absoloutly immaculate for a 10 year old car...but my guess is that doesnt count for anything :( but as for breaking it, i wouldnt know where to start lol!

That's the second hand market unfortunately now but no harm in pushing for it you never know my 106 was very very VERY clean and low miles and my complaining eventually paid off and basically got what I paid for the car after a year of owning so no harm trying as for breaking I'd be the same lol good luck with it all tho sucks when these sort of things happen

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
The grand old town of Boston, John adams way, at the lights just before the esso garage, dont know if you know it? :)

Oh wonderful, what sort of time was it fella? Sorry to hear about your accident, main thing is that your ok though?

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
From Norfolk he said, thank god, foreign truck would've just drove off knowing my luck haha!
...btw I dont know if anyone else has had the same experience...but do people that witness a incident like this not pull over to give a helping hand anymore? wether its to say they'll be a witness for police if they get called or whatever? .... bare in mind this was in choca-block traffic and a lorry had just smashed into my car (both stopped and got out briefly to discuss a safe place to pull in) ... everyone just drove around us..no-one pulled in or anything :S

Sounds like typical Boston to me... most people round here don't seem to be interested in helping anyone, even themselves at times...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was witness to an accident a few months ago. Two cars collided on the other side of a two lane single carriage way but ended up on my side. Me and a load of other cars were queuing in traffic at the time and out of probably about 8-9 witnesses, I was the only one that stopped.

"I'm alright Jack".

1.216V Hologram Grey
Oh wonderful, what sort of time was it fella? Sorry to hear about your accident, main thing is that your ok though?

Heyyy :) it was around 2:30 ish I think, this inccident really just describes our luck in my household lol, my dads in the RAF - in 2000 he went on tour for 6 months..the day after he left the patio doors started leaking water through...2003...he went away to Iraq for 6 months...the day after he went my mum broke her leg...and now, the day he flys out to the Falklands for 4 months I get hit by a Fu*$&%* lorry lmao!

1.216V Hologram Grey
I was witness to an accident a few months ago. Two cars collided on the other side of a two lane single carriage way but ended up on my side. Me and a load of other cars were queuing in traffic at the time and out of probably about 8-9 witnesses, I was the only one that stopped.

"I'm alright Jack".
its crazy :S i think I would stop even if it was just to make sure people in the cars could get out ok :S

Mk2 Ph2 172

"I'm alright Jack".

The only time I wouldn't stop at an accident is the motorway.... I would pull over away from it to call emergency services but stopping could
Cause more problems than good !!!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Which would be even cheaper if people didn't claim for whiplash they didn't have. Some of us pay a lot more insurance, I pay almost double the combined sum of your two cars. Please don't advertise or encourage people to make fraudulent claims.

I don't know one person who wouldn't claim in the same circumstances. If nothing else it helps cover premiums which are already high due to claims.
You don't even know its fraud, most are paid out on the basis that the damage can show itself in years to come so insurance companies pay out now so you have no grounds for future claims.

Nissan 350Z
Honestly can't believe people are saying how's your neck, insurance fraud ring any bells. You should be shot!!!

Sorry to say, but everyone these days does it, and you, I and everyone else has been paying for it for years.

Think about it as all this extra premium you've been paying, you're staking your claim now.

I agree it sucks, but what can you do, why should an individual be a martyr to a system that the corrupt insurance companies and solicitors helped to create? Until the law changes, claim away IMO.

[runs and hides]

1.216V Hologram Grey
HELP! haha im worried, so my hire car hasnt arrived yet,even though they said it would be here before 2pm?! ...so googled the company ( Albany assistance) and have read nothing but problems and rip-offs...things like the company forging signatures, over charging for the hire car so that the party that crashed into me would refuse to pay - resulting in court..them trying to trick you into signing credit agreements to cover these costs....has anyone had any experience with them!?

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Heyyy :) it was around 2:30 ish I think, this inccident really just describes our luck in my household lol, my dads in the RAF - in 2000 he went on tour for 6 months..the day after he left the patio doors started leaking water through...2003...he went away to Iraq for 6 months...the day after he went my mum broke her leg...and now, the day he flys out to the Falklands for 4 months I get hit by a Fu*$&%* lorry lmao!
Shiit, sounds like you have a lot of 'luck' when your dad's away then... half 2 ish? Might explain why traffic was a bit built up when I nipped out for a drive around that time, lol. As said the main thing is that your ok, fingers crossed your insurance company don't try to completely rip you off and get things sorted fairly swiftly!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I don't know one person who wouldn't claim in the same circumstances. If nothing else it helps cover premiums which are already high due to claims.
You don't even know its fraud, most are paid out on the basis that the damage can show itself in years to come so insurance companies pay out now so you have no grounds for future claims.
Yes but they are high because people have been fraudulently claiming for whiplash. Claiming when you haven't got whiplash just adds to the problem and it's all part of a vicious circle.

Yes but they are high because people have been fraudulently claiming for whiplash. Claiming when you haven't got whiplash just adds to the problem and it's all part of a vicious circle.

I know mate but really would you want to be the 0.0001% that turns down 2grand upwards when the rest of society who are driven into get a quick buck? And to help out the insurance industry who've always charged more than they should regardless of what happens?
It's a given these days, if you're in a smack, you put in a claim. Like I said, atleast the money can go towards paying high insurance premiums which the other 99.9999% of claims have increased the costs of.
Without being rude, and please excuse me if you could genuinely swear on all that's sacred in life that you wouldn't, but could you honestly say in this chaps situation, that if 2grand were flashed under your nose for simply signing a form, you'd say no?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I know mate but really would you want to be the 0.0001% that turns down 2grand upwards when the rest of society who are driven into get a quick buck? And to help out the insurance industry who've always charged more than they should regardless of what happens?
It's a given these days, if you're in a smack, you put in a claim. Like I said, atleast the money can go towards paying high insurance premiums which the other 99.9999% of claims have increased the costs of.
Without being rude, and please excuse me if you could genuinely swear on all that's sacred in life that you wouldn't, but could you honestly say in this chaps situation, that if 2grand were flashed under your nose for simply signing a form, you'd say no?
I could honestly say that I wouldn't put a claim in because I'm not a dishonest person. It just goes against my morals and seeing people encourage others to be dishonest causing other people to pay more really annoys me.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
HELP! haha im worried, so my hire car hasnt arrived yet,even though they said it would be here before 2pm?! ...so googled the company ( Albany assistance) and have read nothing but problems and rip-offs...things like the company forging signatures, over charging for the hire car so that the party that crashed into me would refuse to pay - resulting in court..them trying to trick you into signing credit agreements to cover these costs....has anyone had any experience with them!?

When I was involved in a crash albany sorted my hire car too, 2 years later im being chased for £1200 because the other party is refusing to pay for it.

Sorry to hear about the accident hopefully it is sorted without too much hassle for you!

I could honestly say that I wouldn't put a claim in because I'm not a dishonest person. It just goes against my morals and seeing people encourage others to be dishonest causing other people to pay more really annoys me.

Fair enough bud, but if you suffer pain later on in life you'd probably wish you'd claimed...
I was in a smack, claimed at the time, did have back ache, neck pains and couldn't work for 4 weeks. Got paid out within a week, no lawyers involved etc, and now have back ache which I'm sure stem from that accident. Like I said, doesn't always hurt straight away.

That back ache is karma. Enjoy it.

I disagree, I reckon it's car accident related pain for which I was compensated, so no complaints from me.
This is like the people who complained that Olympic torch bearers were selling their torches, the only reason they moaned is because they didn't like someone else profiteering when they weren't.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Actually not exactly that, glanced over the word fraudulently. If it's in preparation for future problems, how's that fraudulent?
Because you might not ever have any pain from it. You only claim if you actually have it at the time.

Because you might not ever have any pain from it. You only claim if you actually have it at the time.

Yeah that's fair enough, I probably have strayed off course on this one. If he's in pain he should claim, definitely.
I suppose that's why you have 7yrs to claim from date of an accident, in case you have pain in future.
I claimed 5 or so years ago, was in pain at the time and have had pain since.
Had someone drive into me on an unclassified road 2 months after the accident I was a passenger in, but didn't claim and still haven't as I said that in all honesty how would I differentiate which accident caused what pain...

Ph1 172
Owen92 everyone claims for whiplash if the crash in question isnt there fault that is a fact! everyone has the attitude of everyone else does it so y shouldnt i, which my friend is fair enough, if your car is insured and your legal and the crash isnt your fault get a claim in so stop telling the lad not to make a claim after is has had his car wrote off by a lorry get your claim on!!! rant over!!!

So if you had no problems you would have sent the cash back? What a strange thing to say to justify a false claim.

Well no, that's where a moral problem occurs obviously.
Like I said, I've strayed a bit on this one, I guess I was quick to jump to his defence if he were to put in a claim as there are a lot of hypocrites that like to have a go at people but live by double standards.
You are right, it would be wrong to claim for no reason at all. However I do think that legislation should pass that people involved in accidents that aren't their fault should actually be compensated for inconvenience quite honestly. Maybe a set figure or a certain amount.
I missed work as suffered genuine problems from a fairly violent smack from behind from a transit with a seemingly pissed up idiot driver at a junction.

Owen92 everyone claims for whiplash if the crash in question isnt there fault that is a fact! everyone has the attitude of everyone else does it so y shouldnt i, which my friend is fair enough, if your car is insured and your legal and the crash isnt your fault get a claim in so stop telling the lad not to make a claim after is has had his car wrote off by a lorry get your claim on!!! rant over!!!
NO, that is not a fact. Peolple that claim for whiplash when the is nothing wrong are arseholes. That's a fact.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Never once did I tell the OP not to claim. All I said was that you shouldn't put in a fraudulent claim.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
OP - Gutted about your crash. Can you not ask your insurers if they can deal with someone else as you have heard horror stories from the company that they use? They might be able to do something?

Wrong! Both me & the Mrs were in a crash in April and we didn't claim because we weren't bloody injured! Maybe we are just in the .01% that don't claim for "possible future injuries"!

NO, that is not a fact. Peolple that claim for whiplash when the is nothing wrong are arseholes. That's a fact.

Correct!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'm out, the IQ level has reached negative figures in here, my head is about to implode with the logic some people are trying to impart in this topic.

1.216V Hologram Grey
When I was involved in a crash albany sorted my hire car too, 2 years later im being chased for £1200 because the other party is refusing to pay for it.

Sorry to hear about the accident hopefully it is sorted without too much hassle for you!

ahhh crap :( have you just basically said 'jog on' ? cause they keep insisting its a 'free' hire car :S obviously not if they cant recover the costs... have you done anything about them? gone to court or anything?

1.216V Hologram Grey
OP - Gutted about your crash. Can you not ask your insurers if they can deal with someone else as you have heard horror stories from the company that they use? They might be able to do something?

Wrong! Both me & the Mrs were in a crash in April and we didn't claim because we weren't bloody injured! Maybe we are just in the .01% that don't claim for "possible future injuries"!

Correct!

Im unsure if I have the option to be honest, Admiral who insure me passed me straight to Albany assistance for the hire car side of things..hopefully albany assistance dont deal with trying to 'repair' my car if it should be written off like I have seen if you search them in google, some stories tell of them trying to take the hire car off you whilst they are taking upto 10 months to repair the car...hopefully it all goes smoothly, i dont want to have to deal with all of that lol

Suzuki Jimny
I'm out, the IQ level has reached negative figures in here, my head is about to implode with the logic some people are trying to impart in this topic.

Agreed. I might claim against this thread because of my confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.