ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hmmm pink 182.

williams and trophy
trophy.jpg

only 1 i have at mo..

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
For a second there i thought you were after the clio Meek_racing saw in redditch that was bright pink.

But your actually after a trophy.

williams and trophy
nowhere near as macho as the sports blue/gold combo of the willy ;) . and so far...not as quick on my personal test track. but i do need to get some decent tyres on it and get the shocks refurbed. and obv. i will get more used to it in time.......feel at 1 with the williams, steering weight, feel etc completely diff in this....and the brakes are shite...new pads needed i think.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Why not buy new dampers i beleive renault are selling them pretty cheap now, similar price to a refurb i believe and you can then sell the old ones. i think wests renault on here has a thread going on it

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
really! i thought i read somewhere it was like £1250 for a refurb at that place at silverstone.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
it varies on how bad your dampers are everyone seems to use bg motorsport i think its called that, new prices for sachs dampers are about £500 each

williams and trophy
lol..for that price id be sendin em elsewhere. end of the day, its a shock. anyone who rebuilds em for a living will know what they doing with em.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just found the thread of cliotrophy and i think my figures might be slightly out

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
think the normal refurb price is abou the 500 mark but it does depend on how your dampers are obviously. expensive but they make the trophy what it is handling wise

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did the previous owner have trouble remembering it was a trophy?

Got trophy written all over it! lol.

williams and trophy
lol.....surprised i havent been pulled with the plates yet tbh.....and the errrr....noise.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Most amusing. I thought a Williams 1 with a remap was the best car in the world?

williams and trophy
Most amusing. I thought a Williams 1 with a remap was the best car in the world?

where you get that idea??

the williams is still a better car than the trophy imho. handle better, are comfier, quicker, rarer, better looking..........i could go on.

the trophies only plus point over the willy so far is its ability to handle bumps better. its not as direct, isnt as quick, doesnt handle as well....

but....it needs decent tyres fitting, which will make a massive diff, and it needs at least 1 of the front shocks refurbing. which again should get it handling a bit better.....who knows, it may even be worthy of comparing to the williams after that.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
You must actually really like them despite how much you **** them, as otherwise you wouldn't have spent a few k on one. Unless you're mental.

White clique
So you've bought a car that you think is shitter than your old one, and think the colour is gay?

Why dont you just admit you liked them all along but can only just now afford one?

williams and trophy
You must actually really like them despite how much you **** them, as otherwise you wouldn't have spent a few k on one. Unless you're mental.

thing is tho. the money iv got it for, il always make a profit. so a bit of an investment, and to see what the fuss is about. they are supposed to be the best of the bunch, the next best thing to a williams....and i have to agree. ;).... i have always said tho, if, and i mean IF i was going to get one, it was always going to be a trophy. i just like the rarity of them.

So you've bought a car that you think is s**tter than your old one, and think the colour is gay?

Why dont you just admit you liked them all along but can only just now afford one?

lmao. iv spent far more on stupid things in less than the last 12 months. my old car??? hell no....like fuk would i get rid of my williams. lol as above, i dont think it (as it stands) is a patch on the willy tbh. doesnt feel anywhere near as special or involving. that might change when its all sorted. belts in a couple weeks, then maybe shocks sortin with a new set of pads to go on with refitment. then tyres. im hoping for a massive massive improvement tbh, hopefully then it will be a lot closer to the willy in terms of all round ownership. only without the spiders in the mirrors ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The worm has turned......

Should have got a Cup if you wanted the best MK2 (re looks/speed/handling)

;)

White clique
then why did you buy it - serious question? I would never buy a car that was shitter than mine, that i would have to spend money fixing to see if it might (or might not) be as good or better than my current one?

Thats a bit like having an affair with a fat ritter, in the hope that when she loses weight and has a face transplant, she might be better than your wife.

Doesnt stack up - seems a very expensive experiment.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I used to own T700 PHY so not too far away from you, mine was 007 and unfortunately unlike james bond this thing did die, TWICE!....anyhow enough of those sour grapes, good to see you've finally got a more modern car that will blow your socks off once you learn how it likes to play.

IMHO buy the original tyres the car came on, Michelin pilot exalto 2's, get the shocks refurbed and add a whiteline anti roll bar, that should give you a hint of willy action at the rear end :eek: and a much more pin point steering with predictable lift off over steer when prevoked

williams and trophy
The worm has turned......

Should have got a Cup if you wanted the best MK2 (re looks/speed/handling)

;)

a silver 1 too?? ;).....no thanks on the cup tbh. the interiors dire. id rather have an old skool mini ;)

then why did you buy it - serious question? I would never buy a car that was s**tter than mine, that i would have to spend money fixing to see if it might (or might not) be as good or better than my current one?

Thats a bit like having an affair with a fat ritter, in the hope that when she loses weight and has a face transplant, she might be better than your wife.

Doesnt stack up - seems a very expensive experiment.

i got it cos it was cheap. end of really. who said it was s**t?? iv never said they were. just not as good as the willy imho. and on my private test track the trophies left lacking. until it comes to the rippled tarmac where it is better than the willy. why did you buy a cab in this dismal climate??

and lol@ having affair. williams,good looking, sleek, comfy, playful, massive fun, vs a lardarse, fugly lump that needs its neck wringing to get anything near like its best out of it..... i see your point. ;)

and no...not expensive at all.

I used to own T700 PHY so not too far away from you, mine was 007 and unfortunately unlike james bond this thing did die, TWICE!....anyhow enough of those sour grapes, good to see you've finally got a more modern car that will blow your socks off once you learn how it likes to play.

IMHO buy the original tyres the car came on, Michelin pilot exalto 2's, get the shocks refurbed and add a whiteline anti roll bar, that should give you a hint of willy action at the rear end :eek: and a much more pin point steering with predictable lift off over steer when prevoked

cheers for the input mate. cant get pe2s, so either pe3s or r888s i think. as for it blowing my socks off lol...itl be a while before it does that ;)

hopefully get the belts done b4 crimbo, if it stops snowing long enough, and get the shocks done beginning of new year, then tyres. does the whiteline make that much diff?? i think its the adjustability of it mid corner that im not liking much tbh. hopefully the tyres/shocks will sort that. did manage to get it shakin its ass a couple times, and was all easily controlled, but a bit vague on feedback.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Williams is about as safe as aids though. Shell is made out of foil, no ABS, no airbags and about 1 NCAP star. It's also very raw, the Trophy is much better day to day.

williams and trophy
well iv had 'aids' fr 11 years. im still living ;)

shell...again, no real issues in that dept. either.

no abs. ....id prefer nothing i drive to have it tbh. like tc and esp etc etc etc. takes away from the driver feedback. no airbags and ncap...dont crash........simples.

day to day, il still have the van. trophy for wkend hacking round, shopping etc. williams for special occasions. ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
cheers for the input mate. cant get pe2s, so either pe3s or r888s i think. as for it blowing my socks off lol...itl be a while before it does that ;)

hopefully get the belts done b4 crimbo, if it stops snowing long enough, and get the shocks done beginning of new year, then tyres. does the whiteline make that much diff?? i think its the adjustability of it mid corner that im not liking much tbh. hopefully the tyres/shocks will sort that. did manage to get it shakin its ass a couple times, and was all easily controlled, but a bit vague on feedback.

Yes mate the whiteline ARB does make a massive difference, I also ran Eibach sportlines to give it a slightly lower ride height. Best thing to do is buy one, I've only known one person who didnt like the way their car drove after fitting of the ARB.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
It's also very raw, the Trophy is much more boring & safe.

EFA.

To be honest, in order for the Trophy to be anywhere near as fun as the Williams, 106/205 Gti, Saxo Vts, Gti6/Rallye, etc etc you need the following:

Front dampers refurbed
Whiteline ARB set to stiff
Eibach Sportlines
-2 degrees camber (at least) on the front

At that point, you will remove the tendency to understeer on the limit, & give the car a more neatural handling balance, allowing you to steer the car on the throttle/move the back end around at will. Without that done, the Williams will continue to be the better handling/more fun car. Imho.