ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holts tyre weld

Westy. MX5
Once youv'e used tyre weld the tyre is scrap, no tyre fitter I know wants to fix it permernantly due to the gunk inside the tyre. When you do have a new tyre fitted they will charge a few quid extra for cleaning the rim up. Don't think it's any good for punctures in the sidewalls either.

Once youv'e used tyre weld the tyre is scrap, no tyre fitter I know wants to fix it permernantly due to the gunk inside the tyre. When you do have a new tyre fitted they will charge a few quid extra for cleaning the rim up. Don't think it's any good for punctures in the sidewalls either.

I see where your coming from, but if it saves waiting in the cold and rain for the AA then its good to me.

Mk5 golf gti

worked fine on my sidewall puncture :approve: and a garage wont repair a sidewall puncture either :)

Westy. MX5
I don't have to wait for the AA man, just get on and put the spare on myself. I'm just old skool mate, used to doing things myself.:D

I don't have to wait for the AA man, just get on and put the spare on myself. I'm just old skool mate, used to doing things myself.:D

did you take in anything I said my 182 like all 182's has no tyre well therefore no spare tyre. So how can i do that, if I had a normal car with a spare tyre of course I would change it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had a canister, came with the car, but dropped a wheel on it and it went off in the boot :(

Not too bothered, i wouldn't use it because as said above it f**ks the tyres (well they tyre guys wont touch them at least). I'd rather wait for the AA man, or if on a long journey then sling a spare in the boot.

koi

Audi S1
Was only £1 a couple of weeks ago. Don't trust the stuff, hate the 182 for not having a spare

2 seperate people have both told me this stuff is the business.

Admitedly one works in marketing for Holts while the other was a sales rep for Holts but they both said it was good!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have a can in my boots, looks like very good stuff. Last resort though.

My car also doesn't come with a spare.

LY R26 #288
i'm not sure where we stand here with breakdown cover, say you get a puncture but you don't want to ruin the tyre with this stuff what would the aa do? I know at one point they wouldn't help you if you didn't carry a spare wheel and you had a puncture. That must have changed now

Westy. MX5
i'm not sure where we stand here with breakdown cover, say you get a puncture but you don't want to ruin the tyre with this stuff what would the aa do? I know at one point they wouldn't help you if you didn't carry a spare wheel and you had a puncture. That must have changed now

All they could do is take the wheel to a tyre trader and have the puncture fixed but only during the working day of course. At night you would have to use your tyre sealant.