ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home phones

1.8 Civic EX
It's been ages since I've needed to buy one so I'm after sugestions....what have you got/recomend?

things it must be/include:

<£50
Caller display
Small
Cordless
Only 1 unit required
Caller ring tones (as in different ringtones for different numbers, is this possible on home phones?)
Not fussed about brand as long as it looks good/modern

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have a phone line for my broadband and I don't even have a home phone, at the end of the day you'll end up with more cold callers than important people who will phone your mob!

I can't recommend a phone but stay away from the BT handsets, shite!

A4 Avant
I agree with Gally, I got given a £75 BT handest after they messed me about. Worst phone I've ever used and the battery was kackered after 6 months.

1.8 Civic EX
cheers I'll avoid BT sets.

However I need a land line as the entryphone to the block of flats calls the actual phone rather than having a reciever on the wall specifically for the door (hense why I'd like the caller ring tones, so I can set a different tone for when it's the door instead of someone actually calling). I could set it up to call my mobile but don't really want that as when I'm not in etc...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah cool. Don't go too cheap as they are pretty crap, think alcatel are pretty cheap and poor quality.

Pleanty of reviews online. I like a decent handset, I bought my mum and dad one when I stayed there as the BT one was actually shocking!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
We have Panasonics at home. Had them for years (like 8+) as well and still going strong. Still on the original batteries as well! Might be worth looking at some or their stuff.

Amstrad Emailer?

I have a phone line for my broadband and I don't even have a home phone, at the end of the day you'll end up with more cold callers than important people who will phone your mob!

Telephone preference service boy!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
as above, BT phones suck

we have Panasonic ones now, they are superb!

1.8 Civic EX
any idea if any panasonics can do the different rings for different numbers calling in?

certainly seem to be the more popular make.

1.8 Civic EX
picked up the Panasonic KX-TG8521EB at the weekend, does everything I need.

Bonus that the shop had the wrong price tag on it too so got it a bit cheaper than what it should have been :)