ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda NSX : First Test Day

Turbos.
Went to Snetterton today for my first ever drive of the car. Since last season, where it completed in the final Britcar race, it's on new wheels, is lower, has shed about 50kg and most importantly, has a sequential gearbox. We will be starting the GT Cup series this weekend at Silverstone in Class 3.

First of all, it made a change for it to be warm and sunny at Snett, so a good start!

P1070517.jpg

P1070467.jpg

My dad and I arrived in the afternoon. As it was basically a shakedown, our mate James was just ironing out any problems in the morning sessions before i went out for my session. However the car was a bit disappointing, the brakes were appalling and the car felt a bit floaty in all areas.

P1070503.jpg

I played around with settings during the session, reducing brake assistance and we also lowered the front of the car for some positive turn-in.

P1070509.jpg

The rear numberplate holder was also removed as the boot area was getting extremely hot! Note the still standard exhaust!

P1070505.jpg

So i was a bit disappointed with the car and myself after the session. We mad a few more changes and i did a couple of laps. It was night and day, much better!

I then handed over to my old man.

P1070480.jpg

P1070483.jpg

P1070510.jpg

P1070494.jpg

He was soon back in the pits though, after hearing a strange noise. Investigation started!

P1070484.jpg

P1070469.jpg

P1070472.jpg

P1070474.jpg

P1070486.jpg

The problem was a rose joint at the rear, it had disintegrated. My dad went out again for a bit but it was a little pointless, the car became undriveable.

P1070491.jpg

P1070475.jpg

I felt bad he didn't have a proper run, but that's what test days are for. But in fairness the car is in early stages of development and it has a lot of potential. The engine sounds insane from inside thanks to the super light flywheel. Short gearing means it feels like it has about 500bhp too! Power oversteer is easy. So, bring on the race weekend!

Couple more shots of the car left in the pitlane...

P1070515.jpg

P1070510DARK.jpg

P1070516.jpg

P1070507.jpg

Stunning car, at least this problem occurred on a practice day.

Do you have a list of events you're competing in this year?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Stunning car, how come it still has the standard exhaust?

I want to be in you, on top of you, under you, around you and, actually, be you. If I pretend to be your friend can I join your team and crash your car?

RMx

Turbos.
Think you're the first to notice that Ian, he once got called it by a commentator too...lol.

Yeah, can't wait for Spa, taking the Elise there too so we can make the most of it.

The exhaust is standard simply because it's been a rush and it's not a priority. The last thing we need is more power and also the car has no cats so most after market exhausts would be too loud for track days. Hopefully in a few months it'll be sorted.