ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hope not all 172 drivers are like this!

Girlfriend and I went for a drive last weekend, Saturday if I remember correctly around Milton Keynes.

We were getting relatively close to the centre, but still near the roundabout system and pulling up to a roundabout, relatively large but on a busy warm mid morning Saturday.

A blue 172 with turinis came screaming (and Im not exaggerating) from my right, I saw him (as did the guy in the middle lane in a tuned tdi Audi A4) luckily otherwise Id have been written off without a doubt and likely in hospital fighting for my life now, but the driver in the inside lane approaching the roundabout pulled out, as you would normally at a decent speed.

I estimate the driver was approaching the roundabout at a 70-80 mph speed, braked very lightly and then slammed his brakes on when this other driver pulled out. I believe it was reasonable to pull out, and its probably only luck I didnt. This blue clio cup had a relatively young driver 2 passengers as well, I didnt see a cliosport sticker thankfully!

There was lots of tyre smoke and plenty of abs as this pillock didnt seem to know what to do (seems to happen in slow motion)... how the other driver managed to get out of the way I dont know.

The irony was the driver then proceeded to swear out of his window at the driver hed nearly written off.

Ive seen more than 172 act like this - and I think its probably todays drivers more than 172 drivers but I cant help thinking these people shouldnt be on the roads and shouldnt be allowed even mildly powered cars. What he was doing, screaming around during a busy saturday morning at I estimate 80 mph approaching a roundabout and not anticipating or looking ahead, I dont know.

Its really makes me angry. Milton Keynes does seem particularly rife with this, and I come from Colchester area originally!!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i been to mk a few times...seems like a lot of chavs live round there tbh.

LY 200

Gramps lives in milton keynes and hes always after moving to where we are.........Full of torags in mk according to him!!!

theres a clio cup with a twin back box on that drives like a nutter plus all the usual saxos etc. people just get carried away with the fast roads and forget that the roundabouts arent there to go through as fast as you can

I think the price of 172s has a lot to do with it too. They are more affordable to immature little pr1cks now so youll notice them being drven badly more often.

Mini Cooper S sport

The prices of the cars might be coming down but insurance isnt. If people drive in them like assholes and bin them it affects all our premiums :mad:.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Me and my girlfriend was walking around motorhouse 2000 the other week just having a nose,and there was loads of nobs with burberry hats on looking at 182s,the affordability of the 172/182 imo is a bad thing i know everyone likes a bargain but we dont wanna be getting a bad name

R

rich[182]

thats the prob with the now cheap 2nd hand prices, when i got mine new in nov53 your average numbnuts chav prob couldnt afford a 2nd hand 172, now its starting to happen, theres a nob near me that had 2 saxos and hes just got a 52 plate 172, theres 3 or 4 young lads in it and he drives like a total t**ser even on the estate, it pisses me off that i could keep mine mint for 4 yrs and look after it only for some git to buy it for peanuts and then thrash the bollox off it, i fear the 172 is gonna be the new saxo within the next 9-12 months

Remapped derv Golf

Nah the 172 insurance put it out of reach to most t*ssers! Like the VTS or GTi

They aint many Chavd up Saxos that are real VTSs.

Quote: Originally posted by Ducks Butt on 02 September 2005

Where abouts in colchester you from mr.merc?

I was from an area just south of Colchester, Tiptree.

Now live in Milton Keynes.

Snotter's

clios and saxos there all chav cars so what else should we expect ? if you want an exclusive car out of the reach of chavs then your gonna have to buy tvrs,ferraris etc.I dont think it has anything to do with the car,u could get a chav in a 1.2 corsa,if they wanna drive like a dick they will do

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ive found that everytime I see a V6 its being driven in a dangerous manner. Most 172s etc I see are driven sensibly, usually by women!