ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn not working. MOT soon.

DCI100
My horn is a bit intermitten well. hardly ever works. and i have my MOT soon.

I was intending on buying a new steering wheel from Renault direct any one done this before? Price?

Cheers

DCI100
Nahh i want it to be mint! but i'm not paying £270 pound for a new steering wheel lol! Is there a guide to checking the horn wiring? never taken a steering wheel apart :/

I'll keep an eye out for one second hand in that case. Hard to find them mint though.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Mines fucked aswell. Never bothered me until owen has reminded me my MOT is soon aswell :/
how does the ph1 stalk bypass the steering wheel horn plugs then?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Mines fucked aswell. Never bothered me until owen has reminded me my MOT is soon aswell :/
how does the ph1 stalk bypass the steering wheel horn plugs then?

Plug and play. It works straight away. Easy

Check the squib mate. Undo the cowling and you will see two wires at the behind the wheel at the top, they maybe loose.

DCI100
The faulty horn wiring is more likely at the horn itself, in the front left arch behind the left foglight

Nice one mate. is that near side or off side? cause well left depends whether you're in the drivers seat or looking at the car from in front of the bonnet lol!

The hunt is on for dodgy wiring tomorrow i guess :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The faulty horn wiring is more likely at the horn itself, in the front left arch behind the left foglight

Check this before spending any money. Mine wouldn't work sometimes, checked here and it was a bad connection on horn itself. Quick clean and connected back up and it was fine.

DCI100
Awesome :) will do it tomorrow and post the results ! :) hoping it sorts has i don't want to buy a new steering wheel. ! :p

Thanks

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Near side mate. Mine does the same, I just jiggle the wiring where it connects to the horn everytime I notice it's stopped working as I'm too technically incompetent to figure out how to actually fix it. That and I'm too lazy too.

DCI100
Souns almost has lazy as me ;) mine hardly ever works at all now lol! Its the small things that let my car down.