ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horse Power !

I had my 172 yesterday on dyno and I almost got a schock. I have only 147,5 HP on flywheel and 77,5 HP an wheels!

How is that possible ?

DEJAN

Hi Dejan,

It sounds like a problem, before i modded my 172, i got 171.0 at the flywheel. Take it back to your dealers to check it out, ive heard other people having similar stories, but none as low as yours :-(

Cheers

Jase

I cant explain why my car has so small HP, but on other hand I have raced many cars by now, and I lose only with Integra Typ R - from 120 km/h forward.
It could be, that the dyno was wrong or something else, because I have measured 0 - 60 times and I have the best time 6.4s, so there must be the problem with the dyno. In Slowenia, where I live is only one dyno, so I must go to another country to see if my car realy have so small HP!

DEJAN

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

yeah sounds like a problem with the dyno.
If you car is goning that well.
For example I had my 1.4 on the rollers last year with just and induction kit and cat replacement pipe and made 90bhp at the wheels(i wish).
had it done again at 85 at the flywheel which about right.

BMW 320d Sport

I would say the dyno is very badly calibrated. Dont worry about it. If you can make a 6.4 seconds 0-60 its no problem.

not being funny dejan but where did you get your claimed 0-60 in 6.4 from??? did you do it on a stopwatch or what? just interested in how youve measured it.

Hi,

Yes, I measured it by stopwatch, but that was the best time I ever get. Other times that I have measured were all about 6.8 - 7.1
I leave Honda Integra Type R to 120 km/h behand me. And you must know that Integras 0 - 60 time is 6.7 and mine factory time is 7.3!
Because of that is posible to reach 0 -60 time below 7s !

DEJAN