ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hosepipe Ban?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
What is everyone going to do? just ignore it and carry on as usual, or have about 20 b&q buckets filled up ready to chuckover your car.

Use a watering can.

I always do anyway as my hosepipe is round the back of the house and my drive is round the front.

Clio 04 172 Cup
You can use buckets of water to wash the car and then get your hands on big watering can to rinse it off! It will be no different than normal for me.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
By the sounds of things i'm the only one who uses a hose anyway, perhaps i'm the reason there's a ban!
It's gona be hard not using the hose tbh!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
for once im glad i live somewhere that it rains!

and you guys can forget about moving to scotland - not enough room for yous all up here!

renault clio 182 cup
we have a ban down in the south east.it really sucks.i heard on the radio the other day it only takes 1 bucket to clean and 1 to rinse,what aload of c**p!!!!...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
No problems up here in sunny Lancashire . I'll wash your car for £100 , with as much of this beautiful free flowing delicious ice cool water as ya want lol ;)

M140i/Orange 182
iam in herts theres one here, i will still use it on the snide ;) but i only use a quick spray to rinse the sh*t off and the rinse down....how do they enforce something like this???

Nosey neighbours can report you - but they probably have to catch you in the act (so to speak), in order for you to get a fine. Unlikely really!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Clare said:
Nosey neighbours can report you - but they probably have to catch you in the act (so to speak), in order for you to get a fine. Unlikely really!

Unless they're are really spiteful nosey neighbours and film ya ,lol !

Clio 182
Brian said:
By the sounds of things i'm the only one who uses a hose anyway, perhaps i'm the reason there's a ban!
It's gona be hard not using the hose tbh!

I use a hose and live in the South, bit s**t tbh... I'm also being forced to have a water meter installed in my new flat :dapprove:

Tesla MP3 2021
i work for the water board in the north west...
and our resevoirs and lovely and full;)......but you would be suprised how many people in the n/w think there will be a ban here...

Octavia VRS
^ seems useful stuff for FCS Rich.

No problems up here, I must have used two gallons when using the Karcher at the weekend lol.

106 GTi
Indeed, thats what I am looking to use, or Poorboys Spray and Wipe if I can keep the car half clean on the way up.

al

ST on the way...
We're really short of water here up North! ;)

IMG_0066_edit.gif

Biffons_Bridge said:
i work for the water board in the north west...
and our resevoirs and lovely and full;)......but you would be suprised how many people in the n/w think there will be a ban here...

Apparently its boreholes rather than the resevoirs that are the problem down here.

Either way i dont care i can use the steam cleaner at work as its classed as industrial/commercial so its still in use :evil:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Good info here with map of areas affected

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/commondata/103196/1131555?referrer=/subjects/waterres/1014767/1131486/1131550/

Luckily !! My area comes under a Hosepipe ban but unattended ! So ill still be washing the car ;)

Unattended hospipe and sprinkler ban
by Sutton and East Surrey Water.

Full hosepipe and sprinkler ban
by Southern Water (in its Sussex North, Sussex Coast, Sussex Hasting, Kent Thanet and Kent Medway water supply areas), South East Water (Sussex supply areas only), Mid Kent (whole water supply area) and Cholderton and District Water.

RB 200 Cup!
fortunately im not on mains water - have a deep bore so can use a pipe to my hearts content - if i can be bothered to clean my car that is!

Clio 172 mk2
F**k 'em..they can bill me.

Don't understand golf courses are still allowed to sprinke their precious greens and millionaires are allowed to fill up their swimming pools but average joe can't go and water their vegetable patch/garden.

They should spend more money fixing the f**king leaks

106 GTi
Neil G said:
F**k 'em..they can bill me.

Don't understand golf courses are still allowed to sprinke their precious greens and millionaires are allowed to fill up their swimming pools but average joe can't go and water their vegetable patch/garden.

They should spend more money fixing the f**king leaks

Really that takes the P*SS :mad:

Cooper S JCW
Set up a water butt at the bottom of your guttering so that when it does rain you will have your own supply of low mineral water - you can attach a hose to the bottom of this and the water pressure will give you flow and the waterboard can't say a thing!!

172 Cup
2/3'ds of the world covered by the sea and were having a hosepipe ban! they can fucC off! especially now they put tax up 2!

M140i/Orange 182
  Bye Bye 182....
Im not effected but even if I was id stick my fingers up to em. I pay my RISING tax like everyone else. Tax rises and we get less and less services!! :mad:

Id still use the hosepipe. A couple of years ago there was a ban i my area and I still used it then! Balls to them!