ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hotmail Support E-mail - phising e-mail

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Got what I think is a phishing scam e-mail from alert-180422@hotmail.com saying:
Dear Hotmail customer,
It has come to our attention that your email address has been used from a different location.
At Hotmail we take security very seriously and we want to keep your account safe.
Download the form attached to this email and follow instructions.

Thank you,
Account Security Department.
It also wasn't sent to my junk folder too which most of the phising e-mails do. It has no graphics or other marking on it, it is just text. Not being a moron I have not opened the "hotmail.html" attachment. I have forwarded it onto the a few e-mail addresses that I could find ont he Hotmail support page to which they ask you to do if you suspent it is a dodgey e-mail. But I want to check to see if it is real, like speak to someone from hotmail and ask did someone try to access my account. As if it is then I will deal with it and click the link, or get them to send me a trusted one. Does anyone know of an e-mail address for them as it is IMPOSSIBLE to e-mail the e-mail people! Or know if this is just fake.

A shiny black one.
Even if it was genuine, why would they need you to download something? It's clearly dodgy.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Even if it was genuine, why would they need you to download something? It's clearly dodgy.
It's sent as an attachment, I just haven't opened it.
I am pretty certain it is dodgey, just couldnt get any clarification on their help searches.

edit - I have actually read the email properly, I didnt see it said downloaded. Sure its a link to a webpage as it is a html file. Yeah, I am now confident its a con. As you said, they would send me the document direct and not through some back end link.

THANKS!!!!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
4203889533a5613998047l.jpg