ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can i get 200+ bhp from my mk2 172

Clio RS 200

Anyone have any suggestions on how i coulg get over 200 bhp from my mk 2 172. Without using nos. And how much do you think it would cost to achive this.

If you just want one mod, throttle bodies will pull you about 25-30 bhp I guess, although really you want to make the engine breathe better, so air intake and exhaust change as well, oh and with throttle bodies you will have to have a new ecu (I think) so you should get a gain from being able to map if fully as well.

Clio RS 200

So you think il be able to achive this with only top end changes. But what about not using throttle bodies. Would flowing work on the inlet manifolds as well as the head make much difference. Along with cams. Just want to realy keep the cost down with out ripping out all the injection system.

The normal filter, exhaust and remaped ecu would be included.

hi does any of you know where i can find out what type of ecu i have on my 172 mk 1 i am thinking of remapping my car but they want to know the engine code and ecu type

Lionel Richie

I dont think you can remap a MK1, thought the MK1 needs a physical chip, i maybe wrong, Roamer will tell you, he was listening when we went to Power engingeering, i was still asleep!!!

hehe right on Nick, raising the power always costs, and when you wana raise it that much, it is going to cost you some, remember this is full time power, not a once-in-a-while Nitrous blast, and it needs to be done right, dont wana end up breaking that lovely 2L engine now do ya?

Nick, any thoughts on a throttle bodies install for my mk2 172? or alternative methods of keeping the car ok for town driving but getting the power up to 200bhpish? looking for another car to get me round in, then Ill be looking to get it done, so if youve got any ideas, get in touch - and I know itll cost :eek:

Mk1 chipping, yeah, its a physical chip I believe, K-tec have one, Im sure Nick Hill will as well, and of course Superchips do.

Clio RS 200

Well when i mean keeping costs down im not talking about a full race engine as i know how much they cost to build, used to rally cars but had to give up due to costs involved. Just what can be achived without major mods to the bottom end and exterior looks( ie. throttle bodies). So that realy leave me with head and induction flowing , cams, filter exhorst, ecu. What could i expect to achive and what sort of costs are involved.