ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Can U Tell?

Easy really, look at them both.
If your tyres are near to the wear markings, or badly worn on one side you need tyres.

If you look at your brake pads & there's not much left you need to new pads.

Clio Campus / CRX 16v
There will be more sufficeint guides online how to check these with pretty diagrams, but a simple check for both would be: -

Tyres - Each tyre will have a legal tread wear indicator on them and these can be found in the big grooves running round the circumference of the tyre. If your tread blocks are higher than these little raised indicators, then your tread is legal. Other things to look out for are badly cracked/blistered side-walls of your tyres.

Brakes - Pads, will require a little torch to check 'thickness'. If you can see pad between your brake disc and the pad backing, then you're ok for now. But if it looks under 2cm's then there is a chance the inside pad could be further worn. As for discs, you will be looking for a lip on the inside or outer edge of the disc...or grooving on either face.

Drums are a bit trickier, but I can guide you through that if you need to.

HTH, Ian

M2 Competition
I dont understand this thread?

Its like saying how can you tell whether you've run out of bread or milk.

Clio Campus / CRX 16v
I bet you've still run out of bread and milk though, haven't you Salami?

On a more serious note, no, infact it's totally the opposite. If you get caught with bald tyres, the police man/woman would enjoy punishing you for being free on a night they are working. Or, if your brakes go metal to metal, it's a bit more severe than having to put cream in your coffee instead of milk...isn't it?

;)

M2 Competition
Lol, what im saying is, look at them.

If your tyres are bald, you probably need new tyres. If your brake pads are looking pretty thin, you probably need new brake pads.

Not sure how you can mistake one for the other?

Clio Campus / CRX 16v
This is true.

But not everyone is as clued up on daily shopping lists as people like us!

P.s. what track is that in your avatar?

Clio Campus / CRX 16v
...Shame it was wet eh?

I won't go off-topic.

I think my original post was adequate enough without the milk and bread analogy's :p