ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i change the bulb in here?

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Minor annoyance that is doing my head in! Got in to my car tonight to go out and noticed one of my lights in the heater controls has gone! Does anyone know how to get in behind the unit and replace the bulb/led/whatever is behind there?

25082008071.jpg

Cheers in advance

Stewart

Also are thtey bulbs or LEDs? And does anyone know which sizes? If its a big job to fix i may just change them all to blue while im at it!

I dont even have a clue how to get it out! Lol! Im a little bit useless at these types of things!

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
Snap!!

clock ones gone aswell as well as the heater etc!!

i can do most things but these are a bit diff?

Also any one no how to reset service light?

Cheers

I dont believe it, i fink i may have stumped cliosport for technical advice! Lol! Take it i will be living with dim clock and heater contols!

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
Mate if u go onto the forum with Faults problems Soloutions i wrote it in there had a few comments back!! cant stand not having the clock any more!!

The clock believe it or not is relatively easy to fix, just requires taking the top off the dashboard! I did it and just went to the scrappy and bought a new unit! Fair enough that one goes dim the odd time but nothing the occasional smack wont sort out!

The clock bulbs are the small lock and twist ones. I think you can get the bulbs that go inside the holders, Not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Blue-LED-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

^^ Like those.

Have just brought two in blue to match my new blue dials.

Best way to see what bulbs the heater controlls are is to take them apart. They mights be sleds? (or whatever there called)

Can u post up a pic of your clock when your done, its a conversion i want to do in my car too!

Yeah i think ill do a little guide :) Its the simplist things i wanted to know when starting out so it might be helpfull for a few people.

To get the clock writing white i think ill have to sand the filter. f**k knows how, but ill find out on the day.

Honda. Tesla Someday
My heater bulb has gone as well and it drives me nuts! Thanks a lot Renault... the car isnt even 2 years old yet!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ditto mine went on monday its still in warrenty tho so hmmm is it worth going to them?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ditto mine went on monday its still in warrenty tho so hmmm is it worth going to them?

My clock has also gone funny and now is all glitchy and wont display the time...

Why are these cars such bad quality!?!?! I mean..arghhh!!!! The car squeaks and stuff as well it drives me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: we'll have to call them and see what they say...

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
Well i had the top off mmy dash today clock took seconds to sort really did!! Bulbs were like £1.70 each at halfords!! got the trade card out aand it was a loverly 90p for both haha!!

Could get the bloody bulbs for the heater dials out!! so got to take some parts off again to try yank the fcukers out!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Is that guide up yet for the clock??

Also, is there a guide for the heater lights?

What lights are needed??? Can I change the colours???

Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

Honda. Tesla Someday

Legend!

Could you make one for the heater lights now please? And for the speed dials? And for every other light in the car to make them all blue and including links on where to buy each bulb for each bit and prices etc! Can you just come over to my house and do all this for me so that I don't mess it up!?

LOL just playing!! Thank you for the help and I hope you really do make a heater bulb change guide soon (and a speed dials light guide) ;) :rasp:

Good Stuff!

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
http://www.fubarnet.com/guides.html

There you go,

The dials are pretty easy to get to once u have taken all tht off u jst carry on and remove the pannels by the consol etc but i could pull the bulbs out of mine lol!!

Colours i saw was green and white, dunno what type of bulb, if u can strip the car and take one with u to a shop thats what i did just cant rember the bulb type

lol.

Heres the plasma dials guide. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4396152#post4396152

I dont have manual heaters like yours, Ive got the AC unit.

OMFG WOW!!!!! That looks AMAZING!

You're having a laugh if you think I'm doing that myself though!!!

edit: p.s: my car has AC... but I'm guessing yours has some special AC stuff that I havent even heard of!!!

Yeah, I mean i have the one with buttons and etc, Not the ones you twist to get ac, heat etc.

And that fubar guide is great for getting the dash off, But wont tell you how to do the bulbs.

Honda. Tesla Someday
OMFG WOW!!!!! That looks AMAZING!

You're having a laugh if you think I'm doing that myself though!!!

edit: p.s: my car has AC... but I'm guessing yours has some special AC stuff that I havent even heard of!!!

Yeah, I mean i have the one with buttons and etc, Not the ones you twist to get ac, heat etc.

And that fubar guide is great for getting the dash off, But wont tell you how to do the bulbs.

Yeah, I have an AC button and then I have to twist the 'knobs' to cold air etc!

Thanks again for all the help!!!!

Anybody know how to change the heater ones???

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
Use the Fubar one, The clock is a simple pull toward you then!! ANd you cannot miss the bulbs!!
I had no idea what too look for but was soo easy using this guide

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
Heater ones are effort!! I couldnt pull the bulbs out of mine but now no to use a pair of pliers!! U need to like remove the sideds by the radio and the gear box cover!
But i couldnt get the cover off completely for the heating ones!!