ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I 'reboot' my pc but keep all my Windows updates ?

Peddled device
I've got Windows Vista OS on my PC and even after scanning it and defraging it all it seem to be running slow. I have the 3 back-up disc's for it which, if used, will reset the machine to the factory settings. This is easy to do as i've done it several times in the past. Of course, since the last time I 'rebooted' it there has been many updates (such as Performance Pack 2, etc etc), and if I do the reset these will all be lost.

Now, here's my problem. Although I know I have to save all my files and pictures onto a disc or USB before I reset it, how do I save all the updates? The reason I ask is because i'm in China, and sometimes things are blocked here which makes a simple task pretty difficult. At the moment I have HMA VPN installed, so I can get FaceBook (why?) and YouTube, so this is one important program that needs saving as it was a nightmare connecting to the HMA site initially as it was blocked last year (it may still be for downloading the VPN). I can add this to a disc before it's wiped, but can I do this to the updates?

So, to sum up I want to reset my PC but re-install all my programs without having to connect to the net. Can it be done?

DCi
You can download individual updates manually so if there is something specific you want to do you can identify the specific updates required and download them to a disc ready for your format

Peddled device
lol Daz. I took my pc to China with me as I didn't have time to sort out copying everything. It also worked out cheaper too, rather than buy a new one here.

Peddled device
When I did this in the UK last time the update did not install the service packs until about the tenth try. But now it has...without using anything :)

Problem (luckily) sol ved :)