ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i remove the black plastic trim on the bootlid?

Dynamique+ 1.4
Ive got somthing ratteling around in there and theres only the one screw thats by the inside handle to close the boot how do i get the whole black trim off?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i had this problem take of the screw its onlyther eto stop the panel coming off when you pull the boot lid down by the handle. theni used a broad flat head screw driver with tape round it to pop the clips, there are some oruond the out side an dalso some inthe middle IRRC. just remember be gentle wothte clips if they brake the panel can rattle, and remember where they al are when you pit it back on so you thump the right its, if you dont ge them all it panel doesnt fit right.

Clown Car
A couple of rattles i have come across to do with the tailgate are -

The parcel shelf touching the plastic surround of the tailgate trim where it curves up in the middle, you mostly hear a rattle from here when switching the engine off and the car shudders momentarily, the parcel shelf needs re-shaping slightly to clear the trim.

Another rattle was from the boot lock when going over bumps, i had the whole lock assembly out but could not see anything wrong with it, after the lock was re-fitted the rattle was gone:S , which might suggest it was loose, but it was definately tight before i took it out, if the lock catch is dry, try re-greasing it.