ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I replace the first lambda sensor?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
22mm spanner, heat, prayers, strength. Its pretty awkward on 172s to get to the first one tbh.

Same sensor but ime lambdas don't like being removed and refitted, dunno why might just be bad luck.

Clio 197
I think heat is a must if the 22mm spanner starts rounding the bolt. They can be tight little buggers.

RB 182 195bhp
Sorry to resurrect this, I'm trying to replace both lambda sensors on my 182, but noticed they have different part numbers. Are they interchangeable or do I need to know which one goes where? Cheers, Mark

FF Clio 182
Easy job just don't do what I did and dropped my post CAT lambda and snap the cathode inside. Wasn't a massive issue as I have a decat so the EML was on anyways. Can pick up a second hand on pretty cheap though. Can be a bit of a tight angle, they tight on so I found best way was to put car on jack, put spanner on lambda then lower the car onto the spanner. The weight of the car pushes the spanner round :) but pikey but did the job. :)

iceberg phase 2 172
if u dont have a ramp/jack then u wont be able to change them lol . on a 172 , they are either side of the cat (obvious i know lol)
once your under the car their easy to see :)

Craigy69k

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 182 FF
if u dont have a ramp/jack then u wont be able to change them lol . on a 172 , they are either side of the cat (obvious i know lol)
once your under the car their easy to see :)
Know this is an old thread but for anyone doing this I found a good heat around the sensor housing with propane to be night and day, one budge with a 22mm ring spanner and off they pop. As someone said the sensors do fit through the ring with a squeeze which is handy. I messed around with a open tool off Amazon to keep the wires attached and nearly rounded off the bolt so dont bother with this

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I must have got lucky every time I've changed them, spanner on, good smack with a big hammer, job done! Plugging the plug in is probably the awkwardness part on the floor

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I too took it elsewhere, to Setyres, up on the lift, waited 15 mins for exhaust to cool down, out in my supplied BOSCH sensor, £20

Couldn't complain

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Took mine to the garage and paid a tenner. I had a go myself and they were effing tight.

This, some are so tight it's just not worth your effort, ten quid and a supplied part, it's fixed.