ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I take the front of the steering wheel off?

180.5 bhp 172
As title really,

How do I take the front of the steering wheel off to get to the horn button/cables, and my horn has a loose connection somewhere.

I dont want to just yank it incase thats not how it comes off.

Thanks
Nick
:cool:

Suzuki Ignis
Have to disconnect the battery and leave it for 10 mins because of the airbag. Then from the back of the steering wheel there are two screws, but down a long hole on the bottom side. Turn the wheel one way and take it out, then turn the other way. It should be a torx bit, not sure what size though. Can take the airbag off then and you can get to the horn connections.

Edit: That was what I did on my Mk2, dont know if yours will be the same though. Just have a look and see what screws you can take out. Just make sure you disconnect the battery.

theres no screws on the clio.....

there are two metal prongs that need to be unhooked with a screw driver. disconnect the battery as above, 20 mins later you turn the wheel to one side, push the two metal hooks off the clips on the back of the wheel and it should just pull off.

have a search as theres a guide somewhere i used, and its got pctures in it.

www.renparts.co.uk
PH1 there are 2 torx bolts (better), and on the ph2 there are 2 tricky clips you have to push to one side while pulling the airbag.

180.5 bhp 172
Well its wierd....

....It hasnt worked since I bought the car (Was a haggle point ;)), but driving down the road this evening, I pushed it hard at each corner of the wheel and it beeped for a second, but I cant get it to do it again now :( so I think it must be a connection in the button.

Nick