ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do u remove...

can any body tell me how to remove the old blankputt tape deck from an m-reg clio 1.4l

ive tried everything but it wont budge.

cheers

alan

Been a long time since I fiddled with them, but there could be a bolt at the back holding them in place.....reach around and have a feel - otherwise pop down to a friendly dealer and ask them to take it out for you...or even Renaul themselves.

I assume you have looked for any obvious holes on the front to use odd looking pices of bendy metal...as favoured by most manufacturers.

The original head units can be popped out from the rear but if you have got big hands or arms forget it. Otherwise get yourself to a stereo shop and buy the prongs that are used for removing them.

Dave

cut a coat hanger (the wire ones) at either side of the hook and half way along the bottom - works perfectly, pop them in the holes at either side of the headunit and work it loose!