ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you clean microfibre products?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Putting cloths in the washing machine that are covered in wax/polish or whatever else apparently f***s your machine!

I hand wash mine.

40'C wash, non-bio washing liquid, no softener and left to air dry (not machine dry).

Putting cloths in the washing machine that are covered in wax/polish or whatever else apparently f**ks your machine!

I hand wash mine.

This is not true, but has spread recently. People put plenty of worse things in the washing machine.

Normally put mine in the washine machine but having read that above maybe I won't in future

I have a dedicated washing machine just for my MF's.

Lol.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I was told at an open day at my local detailing place.

Sorry if it is untrue.

Ill still hand wash mine though, dont fancy my clothes smelling of car polish :p

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
As said just chuck them in the washing machine, Not too sure how they would mess up your washing machine unless you spilled half a bottle polish over the cloths and threw in half a tub of wax for good measure.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
As long as your cleaning your washing machine once a month on a high heat I don't imagine you going to get a wax build up.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Putting cloths in the washing machine that are covered in wax/polish or whatever else apparently f***s your machine!

I hand wash mine.

Can't be any worse for the washing machine than my boxers!

I put mine in the washer

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I usually rinse the bucket, chuck everything in that needs washing, soak with hot water and fairy, swill them about etc with my hands, then put in washing machine with a bit more fairy.

No idea if that's good but its how I've done it since day 1 and they always come out wax free and doesn't seem to have a negative affect on the softness etc.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
non-bio washing liquid, no softener..

Which cheap product has this? Can't find anything that doesnt have softener or is non-bio.