ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you fix oil leaks?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
My car has a really small oil leak and iv not a clue how to find it/fix it.

can anyone help?

Bumder With A Buffer
Its coming from the engine some-where ;)

Seriously though do you not have any idea/ see where it is coming from?

Black 197
Gearbox or engine ??

If you have no idea clean up the engine best you can and then check back a couple of days later to see where its coming from.. Thats my 2 cents anyway

I got a minor leak from my gearbox gasket but its so minor i cant be arsed to change it... Only got the leak when i had a new engine put in after the first shot its cambelt at 20,000 miles.. Luckily Renault foot the bill but since the new engine whent in i've had this tiny leak

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I was thinking maybe jack it up and put some cardboard under it... ait an hour/2 then follow the path...

is there anything i can buy to seal it up... last service the mechanic said there is a small oil leak coming from the back of the engine or something but its obv got bigger now.

I was thinking maybe jack it up and put some cardboard under it... ait an hour/2 then follow the path...

is there anything i can buy to seal it up... last service the mechanic said there is a small oil leak coming from the back of the engine or something but its obv got bigger now.

That won't work if you leave the bottom cover on. Just have a look and clean it up if necessary so you can see where it is coming from. If it is that bad it should be obvious.

BMW M135i
As a general rule only the RS's have an undertray fitted, first of all you need to find where its coming from.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Not really, Just need to find where its leaking from, make sure you keep your coolant topped up aswell!

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
mine leaked VERY slightly from the thermostat housing, left a crusty pink build up! it's the bit at the front of the block near your coolant temp sensor, i got a new one with gasket and housing for less than a tenner, fitting is a 5 min job. turned out it wasn't remotley the problem is was looking for tho!!