ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil consumption on f7p

Renault clio wiiliam
Hey guys , so i wanted to ask if anyone has noticed anything similar issue. I have a renault clio mk1 with a f7p in it , the car is used mainly on b roads lets say a bit hard and on the last drives i have noticed a huge oil consumption , around 700ml in less than 500 klm ...the car seems to not burning any oil since it doesnt smoke at all neither is any sign in the coolant. Also i have checked for oil leaks when its parked but no sign either , so i have got to questions
First is it possible that the car is burning oil but doesnt smoke ? And what is the possible cause of it
Second is there any possibility the oil that is being draining from somewhere on the oil pan while cornering ?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
It's either leaking or burning it or a combination of the 2.
F7's do tend to use a bit of oil anyway but that sort of consumption is a bit excessive, valve stem seals or valve guides being worn is a common cause of burning the oil excessively, there's also the possibility of worn piston rings but you'd be seeing lots of smoke if it was those.
Is there oil in the spark plug wells? The cam cover gasket is another common cause of leaks & collects the oil in the spark plug wells

What oil are you using in it?

The hard cornering wont cause oil to escape the sump, if any of the seals in that area are worn out the oil will leak out just with the engine running. There's loads of places oil can escape from so narrowing things down to a particular side/area of the engine will help point towards the problem, this pic might help

block.png

Renault clio wiiliam
Thank you for your fast answer! I will check for oil in the sparkplugs later in the day , i am using valvoline vr1 5w50 in my last oil change , previous was 10w60 also valvoline vr1