ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you go about buying a web site?

Deatils of site and owner:

Domain name:
thomasjames.co.uk

Registrant:
Global Publications Ltd

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
Mara House, 5 Mara Place
Campbell Park
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
MK9 3FS
GB

Registrar:
Namesco Limited t/a Namesco Ltd [Tag = NAMESCO]
URL: http://www.names.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 23-Jul-2001
Renewal date: 23-Jul-2009
Last updated: 17-Jul-2007

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns0.phase8.net
ns1.phase8.net
ns2.phase8.net

WHOIS lookup made at 12:41:34 17-Jun-2008

Just registered a site for my future financial services company.

registered for 2 yrs, I assume now I need to get web space etc?

As you can tell I am new to all this!

lol. yes you will need webspace. by sounds of it I would recommend whoever builds your site sorts the rest for you ;)

doing good. just need learn html, css, php, java, sql, and which ever other languages you'll need to program it ;)

172, Tiguan
If you do need a website to be built then feel free to drop me a pm and ill give you a price dependant on spec.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Or I might just pay a geek ? ;)

definetely get a geek, plus i can vouch for Jon_r. Did an awesome job for me, all within budget and was tre good at communications etc during the process and making exactly what i wanted.

Jon will vouch for my classy scanned ''diagrams'' lol ;)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have used Uggle in the past who were very good. I currently use Bluehost who are very good but the package might be a bit overkill for your requirements.

thats with fasthosts. Company i worked for previously hosted their site with them and we had no issues at all.

All to do with the password resets and being locked out of their accounts. I know the story behind this and to be honest it was end user faults.

Please, please don't use Fast Hosts if you want any reliability :p

Try *cough* http://www.titaninternet.co.uk/ ;)

If my domain is being held by fasthosts, but I want the above to do my webspace is this easy to do ? ( you will need to pardon my complete no existant knowledge of how webspace works for now!!)

Also, storage space , this is how much content I can place on my site at any one time?

And bandwidth is how many people can view and do things on my site in 1 month ?

Storage is space is how much content you can upload. For most sites sites you need f**k all.

bandwidth is how much data can be downloaded from your site, this includes every page etc etc.

172, Tiguan
Or I might just pay a geek ? ;)

definetely get a geek, plus i can vouch for Jon_r. Did an awesome job for me, all within budget and was tre good at communications etc during the process and making exactly what i wanted.

Jon will vouch for my classy scanned ''diagrams'' lol ;)

You won't believe me, but they were better than some I get!

Thanks for the kind comments mate. :)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I had loads of problems with Fasthosts when I used them a few years back, might have got a lot better since though.