ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you pay for your clio sport

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 12 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by bean on 12 July 2005Another question, how many of you have mortgages or have even left home yet?[/QUOTE]Ive been paying a mortgage for nearly five years now. Its only £350 a month, but soon to go up to more like £700 when I move :cry:.

weve just done that, just think tho the house youll be moving to will be costing you less than FTBers are paying!

Quote: Originally posted by Zebrs on 12 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by UKCat on 12 July 2005

I paid money from credit card into my current account then paid via switch for my new car when credit card bill came thru I transfered balance to an 0% interest card.I Planned on paying over 4 years (£11000/48=£229 per month) So now i just make minimum payment to credit card each month and wotever is left from £229 I Pay into a high interest account.When 4 years is up ill pay balance of credit card and wont have paid any interest and will have earnt a bit on high interest account. Youve got to be strict and make sure you pay yourself the money each month and also you have to transfer the credit balance every 6-12 month to a new interest free deal

Fair enough...only problem I can see with this is persuading a different credit card company every 6-12 months to give you a fair few grand (reducing, granted) credit limit. I have a fairly large limit on a card Ive had since I was 18, but when applying for a new card to avoid a bit of interest, they wouldnt budge on giving me more than £1200 or so.

This it true plus you also have to bear in mind youre damaging your credit rating by continually transferring card balances, although making sure you cancel the old cards does help. This is called sharking

Quote: Originally posted by bean on 13 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Zebrs on 12 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by UKCat on 12 July 2005

I paid money from credit card into my current account then paid via switch for my new car when credit card bill came thru I transfered balance to an 0% interest card.I Planned on paying over 4 years (£11000/48=£229 per month) So now i just make minimum payment to credit card each month and wotever is left from £229 I Pay into a high interest account.When 4 years is up ill pay balance of credit card and wont have paid any interest and will have earnt a bit on high interest account. Youve got to be strict and make sure you pay yourself the money each month and also you have to transfer the credit balance every 6-12 month to a new interest free deal

Fair enough...only problem I can see with this is persuading a different credit card company every 6-12 months to give you a fair few grand (reducing, granted) credit limit. I have a fairly large limit on a card Ive had since I was 18, but when applying for a new card to avoid a bit of interest, they wouldnt budge on giving me more than £1200 or so.

This it true plus you also have to bear in mind youre damaging your credit rating by continually transferring card balances, although making sure you cancel the old cards does help. This is called sharking

Quote: Originally posted by bean on 12 July 2005
Another question, how many of you have mortgages or have even left home yet?

left home 10 yrs ago, paid pennies for a 3bed detached, extended it, now worth maybe 275k, result!, so was finally able to buy a new car tother year!! Rock on!!!

clio 200 F4Rt

16vClio - nope, 3 years 0%, no trade in, no final payment.

renault did the offer at start of year.