ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you unlock a phone?

Hi all,

Atm I am watching a Nokia N96 on ebay, but is locked on O2 network and I am on Orange! I was just wondering how to unlock a phone or is there anywhere that I can take it to?

Cheers
Mark

Most mobile stands at local markets will be able to do it.

When I worked for a mobile phone company, we has a kit that unlocked all phones, it's like a small PDA with various cables for different makes / models.

Citroen DS3 DSport
That's unusual, o2 handsets used to always be unlocked. They must have changed this within the last year or two.

DCi
me too, I stuck a mates vodaphone sim in because his battery had died and it worked.

i wouldn't like to speak with any authority on the subject but perhaps he is just listing it as locked to cover his back if something doesnt work.

Ok cheers guys, not going to bother anyway now as read a review and basically saying if you got an N95 (which I have) then no point in upgrading to the N96 as not enough features to even thinking of an upgrade!