ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How does racing and sponsership work?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Like has been said best sponsors at this level are people who can supply things that cost you but not really them so much.. for instance tyre fitting, mechanics, trailer hire etc etc that's my approach anyway

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Pounds per mile sprints and hillclimbs are very expensive. I did 2 championships last year and enjoyed it but I've ticked that box and it's time to move on to something else.

I've pretty much binned the idea to be honest. Unless someone else is paying its never going to happen. Such is life.

Wishing I was the 19 yr old whose parents sent him over to the UK to start a racing career I met at snetterton. Well not wishing I was him but you know!

Clio 172 Cup
I know someone in the MK2 Golf GTi Production championship who wanted to make racing happen so much, he left his wife to be able to afford it all lol. I am in no way suggesting to do this. Don't bin the idea. It just might not happen this year or next, but you can always start preparing for it financially.