ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How easy are side repeaters to replace on a mk2 172

GR7

Shiny red R32

I got my smoke ones from Demon Tweeks and I had to snip off four wee bits of plastic and they popped in no problem. The smoke against the black improves the look of the side of the car, just waiting for my wheels next week to finish it off!

If anyone has a Demon Tweeks Performance Direct catalogue, they are on page 112, near the top of the page. Part no. ABCR-310/13109 and are in clear £15.99 per pair.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Clear might be best unless there is a very light smoke/silvery colour, tons better than the orange.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Mine were only £15 with discount and they fit perfectly. I will take a pic tomorrow and e-mail it to you Tony.

going out and getting a set right now.hate the look of orange lights.
just wish renault would call to say my seat runners have arrived,the rattling is driving me mad

gr we want to get clear repeaters for our sliver 172 if poss could u send pics of yours to see what theyre like sportclio172@aol.com many thanks richard and paula swindon

GR7

Shiny red R32

Richard and Paula, I have just sent you two pictures of my new repeaters, which as you know are smoke, but you might prefer the clear ones.

They came with orange bulbs, and are easy to prise out with a small screwdriver, (carefully, so as not to scratch the paint) via the little slit at the top. The ones I got had four small bits of plastic which I had to snip off and they then popped in.

Much better than the orange, which Renault should stop using!

Bugger, I didnt snip enough plastic off and now the clips have popped open and cannot get it off or on now HELP !!!
How do I get behind the light to get it out?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Tony, surely you must be able to prise it off just as before, otherwise how would you get the lense off to change a bulb?

GR, I think Ive sorted them. Couldnt pop them out (which was annoying) so I took drastic action and used a soldering iron to melt the plastic away!!! Think they are on now though - car going to Renault tomorrow for them to fix the washers.

GirlRacer,
Those ones in the catalog, page 112, are they the ones described in the Renault Section as "R-310" for the "Black" and "R-300" for the Clear?

They show up in my catalog as being #21.99 each...

GR7

Shiny red R32

They are near the top of the page. Part no. ABCR-310/13109 and are in clear £15.99 per pair. I got the part no. from the packaging they came in. They are in the second "box" (with 6 lenses) from the top of the page I think the Renault one is in the middle on the left, clear shown.

If you phone Demon Tweeks, they have loads more stuff than what is shown in their catalogue. Phone John on01978 663 057 and tell him you want the same ones as Sylvia had, he did mine for £15 as my family have bought lots of stuff from him for friends too, so he gives us a discount, which is at their discretion, but if you talk nicely to him!!