ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How have you connected your mid-range components?

Clio 182
Hi guys!

How have people connected their front mid-range componant speakers to their crossovers? I'm not to fond of the idea of cutting wires inside the car but if people recommend doing this over alternative options then I'm prepared to change my mind.

Thanks! :)

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I found the easiest option was to cut the door loom inside the car on each side and then running a new cable from the crossover up to the tweeter.

The other option is some very careful drilling of the door multiplug.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
+1, I was thinking along the same lines. Requires patients though.

It's pretty simple - a multimeter set on continuity is your friend.

IIRC, I pulled the multiplug from the door shut, and reconnected it through the door opening to test which was what. I cut the cable a few cm from the plug and extended with another cable to make it easier to work with.

This might help a little -http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?568011-mikeh-s-silver-182-FF&p=8336215&viewfull=1#post8336215

Last edited: