ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How heavy is your clutch

Ive never driven a sporty renauly before so there could be nothing wrong but my Clio Willies clutch is heavier than any other car ive owned. Is this normal or is there something about to fail?

350z & 16v Maxi

My 16v, and both RTs I had before had very heavy clutches. My mates 16v has a heavy clutch as well. I was driving it last week. How good is a 16v to drive i have forgot how good they are to drive as mine has been away for so long.

Ken

MKII Vee

Mines so heavy that I now walk funny from all the extra muscles I ve developed on my left leg

Having owned a 1.4 clio and now my valver, both have very very heavy clutches! SO DO NOT FEAR! Its the way they are!! :D

Drove a mates leon the other week and though his clutch cable had snatched it was soooooo light!! He put his foot on my clutch and couldnt move it!! lol

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

My old Pug 205 GTi has the biggest bastd of a clutch.. this thing was seriously heavy.. so much so I snapped the clutch cable.

Yea, my Clios Clutch is heavy. Drove a Ka the other day and its like pushing on a back of feathers compared to the Clio.

Now, my clutch is perfect cus Im used to it - everyone elses is too light. :)

Daz.

silver valver/hybrid

my 16vs clutch is heavy, but not as heavy as my mates old morris 1100. two footed job with help from the passengers needed!!

:DGood news, i was wondering as ive never felt a clutch like it - ill need a gym membership to strenghen my left leg.

My best mate has got a 1.4RT and was b!tching that his clutch is very hard so I let him drive my valver....he didnt complain again!

So fookin heavy that most people stall it when they get in mine and winge about how could I possibly put up with it. After a few revs and some nice twsty roads, theyre like wanna sell it? lol

Once you get used to it it make driving anything else a bit weird.

After a 6.5 hour traffic jam during the snow I could hardly walk!!

Whats ya problem, mine was a real b*****d so when i had the clutch changed i had a new ratcheted pedal its been really smooth ever since.
Problem solved. i prefer a slightly heavy clutch anyway i know its stupid but it feels like raw driving rather than playing on the xbox with wheel and pedals.

How do women manage seeing as its predominantly a womans car?
(i said predominantly i.e. percentage wise)

TT 225

Quote: Originally posted by CLIO14RT on 21 February 2003

How do women manage seeing as its predominantly a womans car?
(i said predominantly i.e. percentage wise)

Just fine thanks! But then even a woman would have to be very pathetic not to manage a stiff clutch...

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Ah you are all tarts !!

Get used to it !!

I dont hear Louise or Kelly moaning and my misses opperates the clutch on my Willy without moaning !!

Are you all tarts or what !! ;)

Carlos dont worry mate they are all like it on 16v and Willys.

clio 20v

mine was well heavy when i bought it at first my leg used to ache after drivin it

when i had the willy lump in i got a group n clutch from k-tec and even though its uprated its lighter than the old one, i also heard a really stiff clutch is a sign of a dying clutch but its still supposed to be heavy though

on the subject of heaviness when i had the engine done the power steering fluid was changed, it made the steering lots lighter its much better, worth a try for anyone with a few miles on the original fluid

LOL well im used to it already just my Girlfriend commented on it so I thought id check it out. I have some other quieries but ill save them for another day.

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly on 21 February 2003

Just fine thanks! But then even a woman would have to be very pathetic not to manage a stiff clutch...

I bet you can handle a stiffy no problem!!!;)

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny Disco on 21 February 2003

After a 6.5 hour traffic jam during the snow I could hardly walk!!

Lol! I was stuck in one for about half an hour & I thought that was bad!